Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

He shouldn't have been flown to the UK in a private jet . In fact he should have gone back to the country where he was captured which wasn't the UK . He went to Afghanistan by his own free will, so it's his own fault if he has suffered any inconvenience as a consequence of his trip .

He shouldn't get a penny compensation from UK tax payers .

Being in a war zone doesnt make him guilty of itself, nor is it illegal.

Against government advice. As I said, self inflicted

I dont know if many Britains would have lost sleep, it boils down to whether you think the government can illegaly detain people for 13 years with no trial and torture them or not.

Our government didn't detain him

If the government arrested you would you demand a trial, provide evidence or would you be happy being detained for 13 years. Would it be ok if they tortured you ? The UK givernment cna avoid having to pay out such compensation by not doing the things in the first place or not getting caught or just notching it down to expenses.

I wouldn't be in a war zone of my own violation.

He still has to prove to a court this is what happened.

It's great how all the government cuts bleaters are happy to open this countries borders and throw money at foreigners. I suppose we're paying for his legal team as well. What a joke. Yet another reason to get out of the EU, get rid of stupid HR legislation, and make ti 'Rights and Responsibilities' and close the borders to any more religious zealots.

It's great how all the government cuts bleaters are happy to open this countries borders and throw money at foreigners. I suppose we're paying for his legal team as well. What a joke. Yet another reason to get out of the EU, get rid of stupid HR legislation, and make ti 'Rights and Responsibilities' and close the borders to any more religious zealots.

What on earth do you think this case has to do with us being in the EU????

Its nothing to do with the EU.

Its go everything to do with whether you think the actions of government should be legal and whether you support or condemn illegal imprisonment and torture or not.

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 17:11 ----------

He shouldn't have been flown to the UK in a private jet . In fact he should have gone back to the country where he was captured which wasn't the UK . He went to Afghanistan by his own free will, so it's his own fault if he has suffered any inconvenience as a consequence of his trip .

He shouldn't get a penny compensation from UK tax payers .

No idea about the private jet. Until he has it revoked then he presumably had a right to reside in the UK.

Its not a case of suffering inconvenience its whether the government acted illegally. A court will decide if he has proven his case they did.

Let the Yanks compensate him for the years in prison and the British security services for any torture he underwent whilst they watched.

Basic rule of any law, if you've evidence of wrongdoing prosecute in front of a judge and jury, if you haven't got the evidence don't bang someone up for 13 years.

Deserves every penny.

And more........

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 17:25 ----------

You must know something that the government(s) that kept him locked up for 13 years (confirming there were no charges against him) don't know.

He should get £1m for each year.

Thats more like it.

I'm sure I already said, Human Rights legislation from there and open borders.

Our human rights legislation has nothing to do with the EU and, as he didn't come here via another EU country, his being here wasn't dependent on EU freedom of movement rules either.

Its nothing to do with the EU.

Its go everything to do with whether you think the actions of government should be legal and whether you support or condemn illegal imprisonment and torture or not.

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 17:11 ----------

No idea about the private jet. Until he has it revoked then he presumably had a right to reside in the UK.

Its not a case of suffering inconvenience its whether the government acted illegally. A court will decide if he has proven his case they did.

There should be no British tax payers money wasted in any court case . Compared to the 67 British citizens who lost their lives in the September 11th attacks this guy has suffered mild inconvenience and should consider himself lucky he his still alive .

There should be no British tax payers money wasted in any court case . Compared to the 67 British citizens who lost their lives in the September 11th attacks this guy has suffered mild inconvenience and should consider himself lucky he his still alive .

So its ok for the UK government to go round torturing and illegally detaining people?

Would you be ok if you were imprisoned and detained without trial for 13 years as well as tortured on the basis the victims of 9/11 had it much worse, even though it had nothing to do with you?

If Britain wants to be regarded as a developed civilised nation then it has to act within its own laws and things it has promised to do by refraining from illegally detaining and torturing people.

Maybe no tax payers money would be being wasted if the illegal activity had not happened.