Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 20:41 ----------

He's a British resident, so until the UK government says otherwise he still has a right to live here. His family is British and lives here.

I dont think there are any scheduled airlines flying to Guantanomo, so they used a charter.

If its the British Govt and MI5 who have tortured him, then they would be the correct people to claim compensation from. As said all over this thread if Britain wants to sign up to international agreements concering human rights, upholding laws and be against torture, then it has to live up to that standard and not carry out the activities it condemns.

He wasn't residing in Britain when he was captured . Britain should have washed their hands of him when he was captured by the Americans . We have enough problems with terrorists who have British citizenship without allowing ex foreign Guantanomo prisoners to enter Britain .

I'm so glad I'm not you. If you're married, I feel really sorry for your wife. Ditto children.

Rather than spout more crap, tell us why you think this man travelled on a fake passport?

When my wife and I travel to Spain, our passports match our real identity.

Why didn't Shaker?

Rather than spout more crap, tell us why you think this man travelled on a fake passport?

When my wife and I travel to Spain, our passports match our real identity.

Why didn't Shaker?

Thirteen years. No - one's been able to come up with a single charge. What does that suggest to you?

He wasn't residing in Britain when he was captured . Britain should have washed their hands of him when he was captured by the Americans . We have enough problems with terrorists who have British citizenship without allowing ex foreign Guantanomo prisoners to enter Britain .

If they hadnt gone and tortured him they wouldnt be paying compensation.

He might be an ex guantonomo prisoner, but thats only because the US detained him for 13 years without evidence and without trial, which they couldnt supply. Whose saying hes been a problem at all? he's the one who has been mistreated.

If you want him deported then write to the Home sec, PM or your local MP.

Im suprised theres no objection to MI5 carrying out torture on someone who turns out to be innocent.

Thirteen years. No - one's been able to come up with a single charge. What does that suggest to you?

its a bit like the rules of engagement on the battlefield?? we adhere to the rules and to the letter and the other side????.................well they dont??

its a bit like the rules of engagement on the battlefield?? we adhere to the rules and to the letter and the other side????.................well they dont??

So we should overlook our international obligations and it diesnt matter if we do a bit of torture and illegally imprison people if they are innocent?

The Uk sets itself a standard that respects the rule of law so it would be a bit hypocritical if it breaks its own rules when it suits.

Except in English Law you are innocent until proven guilty. They had 13 years and couldnt manage it. Still doesnt excuse the torture. Btw on that reasoning doesnt it mean every person found innocent should still have suspicion against them? It boils down to what you can prove and if you cnat prove anything then you have no reason to detain someone.

He isn't British, he wasn't captured or detained by the British, there is no evidence he was tortured by the British, and British law applies to people in Britain not foreigners using false passports in Afghanistan.

Its not legal to charge enemy POW's, you simply lock them away until hostilities stop, then you free them, he is lucky to be freed early.

If they hadnt gone and tortured him they wouldnt be paying compensation.

He might be an ex guantonomo prisoner, but thats only because the US detained him for 13 years without evidence and without trial, which they couldnt supply. Whose saying hes been a problem at all? he's the one who has been mistreated.

If you want him deported then write to the Home sec, PM or your local MP.

Im suprised theres no objection to MI5 carrying out torture on someone who turns out to be innocent.

Where is your evidence that he was tortured by MI5 or anyone from Britain ?

When you say torture? Do you mean deprivation of sleep, S & M rituals and waterboarding? Or do you mean actual torture like the Taliban did?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1358063/I-was-one-of-the-Talibans-torturers-I-crucified-people.html

(And this is one of the milder links I found). The Taliban would skin people alive. Crucify them. Starve them to death. These people are really really awful and he was out there helping them. It's mental comparing the two.

I hope you can prove what you aleged here otherwise you may find yourself in court defending a libel writ.