Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

So He was in Afghanistan travelling on a false passport.

He claimed to be working for a none existent charity.

When detained he claimed that the Taleban leader he was with was giving him directions to Primark.

VC material surely.

My bold=

Can you verify this allegation or are you just pulling them out of thin air?

He was handed over by bounty hunters and no mention of taleban leader in any write ups about this on the Internet.

My bold=

Can you verify this allegation or are you just pulling them out of thin air?

He was handed over by bounty hunters and no mention of taleban leader in any write ups about this on the Internet.

Well everything about his claim/conduct/work was a lie. But then again what would you expect?

I'll take back about VC material.

What if there was intelligence about his past behaviour and intentions but no one was willing to make a statement to the effect because of fear of revenge ?

What if he declared his intentions to indulge in terrorist activity if released from custody ?

Has keeping him in custody saved lives ?

Have these scenarios been considered by posters ?

Or was he in the wrong place at the wrong time ?

Well everything about his claim/conduct/work was a lie. But then again what would you expect?

I'll take back about VC material.

The thing that I'm still not quite getting James, is that you seem to believe that being locked up without trial for thirteen years is a just punishment for any of the 'crimes' you claim he's guilty of.

Supposing you had told a lie on your CV about something for example, would you think it reasonable that I lock you up, forbid you from any contact with you loved ones and torture you - would that seem reasonable behaviour on my part?

What if there was intelligence about his past behaviour and intentions but no one was willing to make a statement to the effect because of fear of revenge ?

What if he declared his intentions to indulge in terrorist activity if released from custody ?

Has keeping him in custody saved lives ?

Have these scenarios been considered by posters ?

Or was he in the wrong place at the wrong time ?

At least in some country's run by dictators they run sham show trials before locking up innocent people, the US with the collaboration of the U.K. has stooped lower and incarcerated a man for 13 years without a trial.

You can't claim to be upholders of the rule of law, order, freedom and democracy if you don't follow them yourself.

I think he deserves a million for every year of incarceration myself and I'm happy for my taxes to be contributing to any compensation he receives.

At least in some country's run by dictators they run sham show trials before locking up innocent people, the US with the collaboration of the U.K. has stooped lower and incarcerated a man for 13 years without a trial.

You can't claim to be upholders of the rule of law, order, freedom and democracy if you don't follow them yourself.

I think he deserves a million for every year of incarceration myself and I'm happy for my taxes to be contributing to any compensation he receives.

What are your views regarding the points in my post that you have quoted ?

Edited by nikki-red

What are your views regarding the points in my post that you have quoted ?

I don't think there was any intelligence on him, he got handed over by bounty hunters in it to make a quick buck and the US believed the lies just like the fake Iraqi intelligence provided by Iraqi exiles regarding the weapons of mass distruction.

We will have to wait and see if mr shaker makes any statement....

Edited by nikki-red

I don't think there was any intelligence on him, he got handed over by bounty hunters in it to make a quick buck and the US believed the lies just like the fake Iraqi intelligence provided by Iraqi exiles regarding the weapons of mass distruction.

We will have to wait and see if mr shaker makes any statement....

There's an intelligence report on him on Wikileaks, but whether there's any truth in it we most likely will never know.

What on earth are we doing paying compensation to this foreigner?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11966357/Shaker-Aamer-is-our-pride-not-our-shame.html

At least Jeremy Corbyn is happy to see his return to one of the countries he has lived in. :loopy:

Giving humanitarian aid: my hat!

I dont think we should be paying compo the American government should. It was appalling what they did imprison people without charge. If he and everyone eles in Guantanamo was guilty of something they should have had a trial and then punished them accordingly.

I dont think we should be paying compo the American government should. It was appalling what they did imprison people without charge. If he and everyone eles in Guantanamo was guilty of something they should have had a trial and then punished them accordingly.

What are your views on the points I raised in Post 208?