Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

So part of being civilised is allowing the UK govt to torture him? very fair and civilised lol. Great hosts.

They never provided any evidence he was a terrorist.

Presumably Gamston youd be fine with being detained for 13 years without charge and being tortured by MI5 otherwise youd be a hypocrite.

If we are so bad hosts why has he chosen to live here ?

What evidence have you he was tortured by MI5 ?

Again someone is comparing apples with oranges because I don't go to foreign countries using fake Belgium passports and claim I am doing charity work for unnamed organisations .

Again someone is comparing apples with oranges because I don't go to foreign countries using fake Belgium passports and claim I am doing charity work for unnamed organisations .

If youd bother to read what people write then you will see its a claim by him and hes already probided testimony of being tortured by MI5 Agents. Its up to the authorities to decide if he is telling the truth. If they dont believe him then it can go to trial and a judge will decide based on the evidence as to whether his allegations are to be believed.

If he loses he should get Nothing for the bits of his claim he cant prove.

If he wins then he will have a court judgment confirming he was tortured by the UK govt, which would be illegal and not how a civilised nation behaves. He will then be awarded compensation.

If you were tortured by the UK government would you like it, would you make a claim or just be quiet about it? The passport is irrelevant to the issue of whether the UK has the right to torture people in contrast to its own claims that as a civilised nation it is against torture and has made international agreements against it.

You are either in favour of the torture used on this man or you are not. Clearly you think its acceptable(notwithstanding he has to prove it).

Edited by 999tigger

I agree Britain is the most civilised and fairest country in the world which makes it an outrage a Saudi Arabian terrorist should abuse our hospitality by even contemplating to sue our Government . If this person has any grievances towards Britain, he should do the decent thing and go and live in his own country . I certainly would not choose to live in a foreign country, if I thought their Government were responsible for treated me unfairly .

So you don't think that the rules that we all enjoy should extend to everyone living here? Including recourse to the courts, and the expectation of a trial if accused of a crime?

In which case we certainly couldn't claim to be the fairest or most civilised country could we.

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 14:23 ----------

What's your problem with him going to court then?

If he can't produce any evidence then the case will fail.

Who's going to corroborate his claims.

Strictly speaking he doesnt have to have anyone corroborate his claims, its for the judge to decide based on the evidence he presents.

Howver he will be able to call MI5 and they will be giving evidence under oath about their involvement.

The judge can make up his mind as to whether he finds the evidence persuasive or not.

So you don't think that the rules that we all enjoy should extend to everyone living here? Including recourse to the courts, and the expectation of a trial if accused of a crime?

In which case we certainly couldn't claim to be the fairest or most civilised country could we..

He shouldn't be allowed back into the UK considering that he's not a British citizen, the manner he travelled shows that he's an undesirable. (false passport, bogus charity, leaving his dependents for us to take care of).

He should be repatriated to Saudi Arabia with his family if they choose to go.

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 15:41 ----------

Strictly speaking he doesnt have to have anyone corroborate his claims, its for the judge to decide based on the evidence he presents.

Howver he will be able to call MI5 and they will be giving evidence under oath about their involvement.

The judge can make up his mind as to whether he finds the evidence persuasive or not.

But surely he should be doing this from his own country. Who is paying for his upkeep here in the UK?

Who is paying for his upkeep here in the UK?

Shouldn't you find out, if you intend to complain about it?

---------- Post added 05-11-2015 at 15:50 ----------

Who's going to corroborate his claims.

I don't know or care. Why would I be worried about it?