Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

I get that you don't understand and that is something I can't change, but I will try, he was captured and locked away because it was felt that he is the enemy and I don't think he should have been flown back to the UK or allowed to reside in the UK, I don't think the UK owes him anything nor should we give him anything.

Except under the law is claim is based on a wrong he claims has been done to him by the UK govt and MI5. If true those are serious allegations about illegal activity. You would deny him the opportunity and access to the courts whether the UK is guilty or not.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:52 ----------

Its not such an important issue for me, but the money it wastes is, I'd rather spend tax's improving the public services and cutting the deficit. You are right we shouldn't be wasting money on a Supreme Court hearing for Abdul Hakim Belhaj.

Then you approve of activities like Rendition. Nice.

Except under the law is claim is based on a wrong he claims has been done to him by the UK govt and MI5. If true those are serious allegations about illegal activity. You would deny him the opportunity and access to the courts whether the UK is guilty or not.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:52 ----------

Then you approve of activities like Rendition. Nice.

Yes I would deny him the right to live in the UK and the right to use UK courts, I neither support or oppose rendition.

Yes I would deny him the right to live in the UK and the right to use UK courts, I neither support or oppose rendition.

So by default you dont mind if the UK acts illegally because you will deny anyone use of the court system. You dont really believe in the rule of law or due process do you.

You would probably participate in the torture of people like Shaker if given the chance.

Shaker deserves compensating and mine, yours and other taxpayers money will be used to pay it so just accept it and stop whinging. :hihi:

So by default you dont mind if the UK acts illegally because you will deny anyone use of the court system. You dont really believe in the rule of law or due process do you.

I believe in the rule of law but don't think our legal system should be available to everyone on earth, I also don't think the NHS or education system should be made available to everyone on earth.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:22 ----------

You would probably participate in the torture of people like Shaker if given the chance.

Shaker deserves compensating and mine, yours and other taxpayers money will be used to pay it so just accept it and stop whinging. :hihi:

So in your world a non British enemy as the right to use our legal system but the British people don't have a right to complain about it.

So in your world a non British enemy as the right to use our legal system but the British people don't have a right to complain about it.

A good and sound complaint uses reasoning, logic and rationale. Non of which you've used...so yes, you're whining.

I believe in the rule of law but don't think our legal system should be available to everyone on earth, I also don't think the NHS or education system should be made available to everyone on earth.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:22 ----------

Its only available because it happens to be the UK govt he is claiming have done him the injury. Its normal to sue the people who have done you the wrong.

You can complain about it but by denying him the right to have his case considered you are by default legitimising torture as acceptable behaviour. Wouldnt you be more concerned as to why the UK would be torturing people and checking this wasnt the case?

A good and sound complaint uses reasoning, logic and rationale. Non of which you've used...so yes, you're whining.

In you irrational and illogical opinion.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 22:05 ----------

Its only available because it happens to be the UK govt he is claiming have done him the injury. Its normal to sue the people who have done you the wrong.

You can complain about it but by denying him the right to have his case considered you are by default legitimising torture as acceptable behaviour. Wouldnt you be more concerned as to why the UK would be torturing people and checking this wasnt the case?

You are making an assumption that he was tortured, I am more concerned about the state of UK finances than the claims made by our enemy.

In you irrational and illogical opinion.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 22:05 ----------

You are making an assumption that he was tortured, I am more concerned about the state of UK finances than the claims made by our enemy.

No im making an assumption that he claims he was tortured and he should have a right to have his claim considered by the legal system. He hasnt been charged and no evidence produced so its unproven hat he was a terrorist or hes our enemy.

And there is no sound reasoning , rationale or logic for allowing a foreign terrorist to live on our country and pay him for the privilege .