Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

My knowledge is not good,my opinion says if he loses he will not pay court costs,do you think otherwise or are you talking out of your rear end?

Well at least you admit you are basing your opinion on poor knowledge.

I am unsure what his funding is, he may be on cfa with his lawyers. If he wins then costs will be awarded to him and if he loses then a costs order is normally awarded against the loser. Its at the discretion of the court.

Well at least you admit you are basing your opinion on poor knowledge.

I am unsure what his funding is, he may be on cfa with his lawyers. If he wins then costs will be awarded to him and if he loses then a costs order is normally awarded against the loser. Its at the discretion of the court.

Same as you then.

Same as you then.

How do you work out my knowledge is poor? What his funding is will be known by him and his lawyers, but that doesnt appear to be in the public domain yet.

I was trying to explain how the rules work. Do you really want me to go through the civil procedure rules with you? Carry on being ignorant.

Link him to the CPR and / or the white book and let him read up - its not pro bono day

---------- Post added 13-12-2015 at 09:37 ----------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3357640/Jihadis-hell-Britain-Shaker-Aamer-says-UK-Muslims-dare-not-interviews-release.html

If its good enough for the DM - it surely must be enough for the odd one or two on hear

Shaker Aamer has done a press interview . There was no mention of the fake Belgium passport but he did say the bank manager was honoured to meet him when he opened a new account .

kerching !!!!!!!

Well at least Belgium has no connection to Islamic terrorism. Er wait. Hang on.

Having crawled out from underneath your respective rocks - is that the best you can do ?

I really can't begin to understand the mentality of some -

This man has been held a prisoner - not treated all that well by his account - without any charge being brought - the combined might of the good ol

USA nor HM Govt couldn't find anything - what was it they didn't have long enough ?? But maybe those under the rocks have some special insight

I have no doubt that whatever action he brings is unlikely be contested by our Government -

Well at least Belgium has no connection to Islamic terrorism. Er wait. Hang on.

One does wonder in the aftermath of the terrorist murders in Paris if there is any significance why Shaker Aamer chose a fake Belgium passport ?

Were Belgium passports easy to forge at the time Shaker Aamer sourced his passport ? Are Belgium passports still easy to forge today which might explain the mystery why the Belgium national football team is currently ranked number one in the World .

I am little fuddy duddy when he comes to sourcing a passport and went down the traditional route to the post office to get mine and the wife's .

There appears to have been a remarkable lack of scrutiny of Aamer's claims in the British media. Instead the general story has been about unjustly an innocent been treated by the US and British governments. Inconvenient facts, such as why he ended in in Afghanistan on a fake Belgian passport have been glossed over with barely a mention. Nor has his explanation that he was there in order to work for charity been subject to much scrutiny in the media. We know that many jihadists who have been caught in war zones, who have been foiled in their attempts to cross into war zones, have used the 'charity' excuse. Moreover, at least according to some reports, the 'charity' he claimed to be working for has links to Al Quaida (see the url below) And it has not just been one former jihadist who has linked him to jihadist activity as has often been claimed, but several (see the url below). Furthermore, his status at the time was as a 'British resident', not that of a British citizen, and I don't see why he should not have been deported to Saudi Arabia after his release.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/shaker-aamer-was-qaeda-recruiter-says-former-fellow-detainee.html

Edited by NigelFargate

There appears to have been a remarkable lack of scrutiny of Aamer's claims in the British media. Instead the general story has been about unjustly an innocent been treated by the US and British governments. Inconvenient facts, such as why he ended in in Afghanistan on a fake Belgian passport have been glossed over with barely a mention. Nor has his explanation that he was there in order to work for charity been subject to much scrutiny in the media. We know that many jihadists who have been caught in war zones, who have been foiled in their attempts to cross into war zones, have used the 'charity' excuse. Moreover, at least according to some reports, the 'charity' he claimed to be working for has links to Al Quaida (see the url below) And it has not just been one former jihadist who has linked him to jihadist activity as has often been claimed, but several (see the url below). Furthermore, his status at the time was as a 'British resident', not that of a British citizen, and I don't see why he should not have been deported to Saudi Arabia after his release.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/shaker-aamer-was-qaeda-recruiter-says-former-fellow-detainee.html

I can't see Shaker Aamer agreeing to a live interview with Laura Kuenssberg .