Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

I troubled myself to read he law report - you either didn't bother, couldn't follow it because your just thick or you having read it decided it didn't suit your prejudiced script.

You want to believe the yanks - you are entirely free to do so -

Common sense logic does not run along the lines you suggest -

we lock people up, don't charge them with anything - ever - but that doesn't mean there not bad people and keeping them in a cell for 14 years was perfectly fine. Utter cobblers.

Logic - you don't know the meaning of the word.

When the Govt settle the case (if he brings one) which they will - I will await your explanation.

I am however not engaging with you - as i have said before you won't have it and seem utterly disinterested in any other views that don't quite suit your peculiar bent

I would think that if any claim for compensation is made it will be done in the US not here,more money if he wins.

I would think that if any claim for compensation is made it will be done in the US not here,more money if he wins.

You would be wrong for a number of reasons. he said he will launch some legal proceedings in the US, but for various reasons it faces several hurdles.

Any negotiation for compensation from the UK is to do with UK involvement only.

You would be wrong for a number of reasons. he said he will launch some legal proceedings in the US, but for various reasons it faces several hurdles.

Any negotiation for compensation from the UK is to do with UK involvement only.

The main hurdle being that both they and he know he's an islamic extremist and he's also been tortured so its in neither parties interests to have a court case.

The main hurdle being that both they and he know he's an islamic extremist and he's also been tortured so its in neither parties interests to have a court case.

Its more complex than that. Im just relcutant to type half a page explaining the differences and finer points of a case proceeding in the US and the UK. He would face different challenges. He may or he may not have been tortured and the UK may or may not have been complicit in that torture and rendition.

Its already been discussed several times why the UK might not wish to go to court as has been the fact settling makes them look guilty. The officual position is that he's not a terrorist or at least theres no substantive evidence (the stuff courts and most normal people require) and that no torture took place. It wouldnt surprise me if it did, but thats all the more reason to clear the name of the UK government.

Its more complex than that. Im just relcutant to type half a page explaining the differences and finer points of a case proceeding in the US and the UK. He would face different challenges. He may or he may not have been tortured and the UK may or may not have been complicit in that torture and rendition.

Its already been discussed several times why the UK might not wish to go to court as has been the fact settling makes them look guilty. The officual position is that he's not a terrorist or at least theres no substantive evidence (the stuff courts and most normal people require) and that no torture took place. It wouldnt surprise me if it did, but thats all the more reason to clear the name of the UK government.

The reality is everyone concerned has been a bit naughty and its in nobodys interests to go to court either here or in the US.

Hopefully he'll bugger off to some islamic country with his family and that will be an end of it.

The reality is everyone concerned has been a bit naughty and its in nobodys interests to go to court either here or in the US.

Hopefully he'll bugger off to some islamic country with his family and that will be an end of it.

Either one of the parties may have been naughty as you put it, but it isnt a given.

Its in Aamers interests to go to court if he feels he has a case and they refuse to settle just like any other litigant.

Its a balancing act for the UK government, but by settling then it makes them look guilty. Its already been pointed out thats not a good look, but there are other considerations.

The reality is ,The Lawyers will make a killing....This Saudi National will choose not to live in a Muslim country were he can freely practice his faith and "charitable works":suspect:......in time it will become clear that his activities in Afghanistan were not so innocent.