Odb code reader vauxhall combo ? Which 1 will work with my van

Ok the spanner light comes some times

ive done the pedal test and got the codes replaced the parts that needed it

so now i need a code reader to clear the faults

ive tried 2 cheapo odb readers off ebay and they both just say link error

can any 1 tell me which odb reader to buy that will work with my van its a 2003 1.7 di

i also have an astravan 2003 dti and the cheapo code readers just say link error with this van aswell

all help apprieciated thanks for reading

Ok the spanner light comes some times

ive done the pedal test and got the codes replaced the parts that needed it

so now i need a code reader to clear the faults

ive tried 2 cheapo odb readers off ebay and they both just say link error

can any 1 tell me which odb reader to buy that will work with my van its a 2003 1.7 di

i also have an astravan 2003 dti and the cheapo code readers just say link error with this van aswell

all help apprieciated thanks for reading

Sounds like your vehicles are pre-EOBD.

Luckily, as Vini mentioned, dedicated aftermarket Vauxhall software and interfaces are cheap enough these days.

To answer your PM here (as it might help others), the OP-Com list of supported models is below. My old Insignia used specific Vauxhall DTI codes, as I presume, do most "modern" Vauxhalls which is why generic ODB (ELM) devices do nothing.

Basic-A (Astra)

Kadett-E, Astra-F, Astra-G, Astra-H, Astra-J, Zafira-A, Zafira-B, Zafira-C, Cascada

Basic-B (Vectra)

Vectra-A, Vectra-B, Vectra-C, Signum, Omega-A, Omega-B, Calibra, Insignia, Speedster / VX220, GT

Basic-C (Corsa)

Corsa-A, Corsa-B, Corsa-C, Corsa-D, Tigra-A, Tigra-B, Meriva, Meriva-B, Agila, Agila-B, ADAM

Basic-D (light commercial vehicles, Vans, SUVs)

Vivaro, Movano, Antara, Captiva, Frontera, Frontera-B, Speedster / VX220, GT, Mokka

Basic-E (CAN diagnostic)

Vectra-C, Signum, Insignia, Astra-H, Astra-J, Cascada, Meriva-B, Corsa-D, ADAM, Antara, Captiva, GT, Mokka

No idea if they'll do your exact model, a quick Google suggests the "Astra around 2003, might be the Astra-H", but either way, for £10-15 it's worth a punt. Especially if you have a few vans to maintain.

Take note, that the cheaper items listed on ebay are coming from Asia, which is not a problem, they all come from there at some point, it's just going to take longer to get to you. Also take note, that Op/Vaux Com clones are not technically 'above board'.

Edited by Vini