Help needed with Yorkshire water nuclear bunkers

Vertigo1

Hi al

I'm trying to find some information on nuclear bunkers in sheffield etc. It's my understanding that Yorkshire water built 10 bunkers around the county including Doncaster and sheffield. I believe the one at Huddersfield has been demolished.

The Doncaster one is definately still standing but I cannot find a location except that it was built late 80s and is on the outskirts of Doncaster. I have no idea on the sheffield bunker.

I know about the midland bank bunker and it isn't that. Has anybody any idea of the location. Of either

From the article about the Doncaster it is behind a simple fib whatever that is.

Any help is appreciated.

Some years ago an ex collegue of mine who was a gamekeeper told me that the area of woodland off the A630 on the right as you drive towards doncaster between Hooten Roberts and the hilltop pub was closed off for several months and there was a lot of activity in the area. When it opened up again there was no obvious sign of any building work. I never saw this so I am just going on what he said.

Some years ago an ex collegue of mine who was a gamekeeper told me that the area of woodland off the A630 on the right as you drive towards doncaster between Hooten Roberts and the hilltop pub was closed off for several months and there was a lot of activity in the area. When it opened up again there was no obvious sign of any building work. I never saw this so I am just going on what he said.

This is the place you refer to, some one turned this into a house. I have seen the place, you wont get to near it, its not a water bunker. http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/c/conisbrough/index.html

---------- Post added 04-11-2015 at 15:00 ----------

Hi al

I'm trying to find some information on nuclear bunkers in sheffield etc. It's my understanding that Yorkshire water built 10 bunkers around the county including Doncaster and sheffield. I believe the one at Huddersfield has been demolished.

The Doncaster one is definately still standing but I cannot find a location except that it was built late 80s and is on the outskirts of Doncaster. I have no idea on the sheffield bunker.

I know about the midland bank bunker and it isn't that. Has anybody any idea of the location. Of either

From the article about the Doncaster it is behind a simple fib whatever that is.

Any help is appreciated.

I know of one on the outskirts of Sheffield. It looks to be in use and is secure and alarmed for obvious reasons.

Edited by only_me

I know of one on the outskirts of Sheffield. It looks to be in use and is secure and alarmed for obvious reasons.

Where abouts. I am in contact with Yorkshire water and they are happy to help and arrange access for me but they are having trouble locating which building it is on their maps.

---------- Post added 04-11-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Thanks for your help will go and look. (Can't pm yet as newbie lol)

Where abouts. I am in contact with Yorkshire water and they are happy to help and arrange access for me but they are having trouble locating which building it is on their maps.

---------- Post added 04-11-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Thanks for your help will go and look. (Can't pm yet as newbie lol)

Yes sent pm, i think you need 5 post, wont be long lol.

I believe there is one under the offices at langsett res. if my memory serves me right the doors were a good foot thick

That's right, I've had a walk round the one under the offices at Langsett treatment works, there's nothing much in there now and it's not particularly big, I wouldn't fancy spending a nuclear winter in it.

There's also one of a similar size and state of disuse at Nutwell treatment works at the side of the M18, similar size to the Langsett one not much of a clue to it being there other than a couple of metal lids set in the grass near the main entrance.

there is something else I used to see when I went mountain biking in Sherwood forest that may be of interest. If you take the A616 out through Budby you cross the National cycle route just before you get to the mini roundabouts near Thorsby market.If you turn right onto the cycle route, there is a mysterious building on the right about half a mile to a mile up which is supposed to be something to do with whatever water board operates in that area and the roof is covered in aeriels, funny that on the left is a MOD testing ground.