Online activity to be stored under new law

Now all that will do is force more people to get a VPN and/or use the TOR browser which will make any surveillance by governments much harder. Not to mention people can also buy a TOR router as well.

You mean force 'criminals' to go 'underground'...They're probably already 2 steps ahead of the authorities anyway.

The most dangerous thing I do, is a search for a local takeaway...

Surely if you've nothing to hide......... what's the problem ? :huh:

I haven't NOW. I don't think this or any government over the past couple of decades would use this information to fit people up for stuff. But what about 10 years? Twenty years? Am I going to get a knock on the door with men in riot gear accusing me of (for example purposes only ;););)) looking at women who weren't completely clothed which in twenty years time might be illegal.

I haven't NOW. I don't think this or any government over the past couple of decades would use this information to fit people up for stuff. But what about 10 years? Twenty years? Am I going to get a knock on the door with men in riot gear accusing me of (for example purposes only ;););)) looking at women who weren't completely clothed which in twenty years time might be illegal.

The same as you did to your mother with the Jazz mags, lie thru your teeth!

You mean force 'criminals' to go 'underground'...They're probably already 2 steps ahead of the authorities anyway.

The most dangerous thing I do, is a search for a local takeaway...

Hey, am i a criminal because i dont like the idea. My browsing history is my business. If the law is worried im up to something then they should get a warrant and do it properly. Not just take a peek on the off chance.

The same as you did to your mother with the Jazz mags, lie thru your teeth!

You wouldn't be able to, they would have the evidence.

I think people forget that we are living in historically unparalleled liberal times. There is nothing to suggest that things won't to revert to type.

Whilst people may by and large trust the authorities now, how do we know there isn't another Hitler, Stalin, Poll Pot etc around the corner who will use this data for horrific purposes?