Poppies on Bradfield church

fabgirl

Went last night but left it too late and got caught behind the slowest driver imaginable, it was incredibly foggy though, in fact one car had been caught out by the fog and was wrapped round a tree with its hazards flashing away. Gonna nip up Friday all being well.

i know of someone who was in that car , seems to have just lost it in fog , n hit breaks and slid , all ok just back pains etc

i know of someone who was in that car , seems to have just lost it in fog , n hit breaks and slid , all ok just back pains etc

Thats good to hear, me and the other half jumped out of the car with the torches to see if anyone was around but another car coming up the hill stopped and said it had been there for a while, glad no serious injuries though :thumbsup:

It was my son driving the black Astra which crashed into the tree on Tuesday evening, site condition were poor with bad fog and a very slippery road, he braked for the bend and the car slid into the tree, both lads were taken to hospital, fortunately they are just badly bruised. Alcohol or excessive speed were not contributing factors. The car has now been recovered. Many thanks to all the concerned motorists who stopped to offer assistance.

We went up to see the poppy display last night, very effective. However, for those of you thinking of going today/tomorrow you'll need to know that there are 2 ticket only events.

The info below from http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/learning-about/news/current-news/poppy-spectacular-lights-up-sky-at-bradfield

November 5 – TICKET ONLY Military evening talk, Royal Hotel, Dungworth ( 7.30pm to 10.30pm). Hosted by Major Edward Colver MBE. Church and grounds closed to public, admission by ticket only. Tickets, priced £10, including pie and pea supper, from Royal Hotel.

November 6 - TICKET ONLY Poppies to Prom Night. Music by Loxley Silver Band (doors open 7pm, performance starts 8pm). Tickets, priced £7.50, available from the Royal Hotel and Flaskend Bradfield Post Office; illumination (6pm to 11pm).

November 7 - Air Raid Walk, organised and sponsored by Bradfield Brewery. Starts 3pm at the brewery. At 4pm all families leave the brewery dressed in lights and lanterns and walk to the church, refreshments at church by WI; Illumination (4.30pm to 9pm).

November 8 - Remembrance Day, St Nicholas' Church. Services at 10.30am and 6.30pm; final night of illumination (6pm to 10pm).