Shakespeare's Autumn Beer Festival 25-29 November

taxman

If you like Black forest gateaux you really need to try the Rebel Cherry Maxi Stout. I don't usually drink cask beer but that one is pretty good.

This was indeed excellent this evening - as were all other beers on the bar/from the cellar of the best beer pub in Sheffield. Big thanks to Louis & James behind the bar and to Chris for ordering and setting up all the fine beers.

After last night all I can say is thank God I booked today off work!

The Brodies Simcoe for Breakfast Imperial Stout - 10.1% was my stand out dark and the Greytrees Afghan Pale my fave pale one.

Both sound terrible. Again, I urge people to stay away from this event. I shall to make sure that no one is there over the weekend.

After last night all I can say is thank God I booked today off work!

The Brodies Simcoe for Breakfast Imperial Stout - 10.1% was my stand out dark and the Greytrees Afghan Pale my fave pale one.

You're not the guy that walked in and immediately ordered a pint of the Simcoe are you? I SAID it wasn't a session beer... but you wouldn't listen!

You're not the guy that walked in and immediately ordered a pint of the Simcoe are you? I SAID it wasn't a session beer... but you wouldn't listen!

No that wasn't me but I did see him. I had a couple of halves of it toward the end of our stay. We were sat in the main bar area in a corner.

No that wasn't me but I did see him. I had a couple of halves of it toward the end of our stay. We were sat in the main bar area in a corner.

Ah I think I did see you then. Youngish guy and an older one with a beard. Won't ask which you were to save your blushes! ;c) We were sat in the back room opposite the jukebox with some guys from Leicester (who had come up specifically for the festival but under the guise of meeting clients - good lads!) and a guy who managed to impose himself on our group then immediately tried to sell us on the music of Duke Special. But he was harmless enough and the night was otherwise good.

Might get back on Saturday as my mate Jimmy's brew isn't coming on the festival bar till today and I have other plans until then.

Ah I think I did see you then. Youngish guy and an older one with a beard. Won't ask which you were to save your blushes! ;c) We were sat in the back room opposite the jukebox with some guys from Leicester (who had come up specifically for the festival but under the guise of meeting clients - good lads!) and a guy who managed to impose himself on our group then immediately tried to sell us on the music of Duke Special. But he was harmless enough and the night was otherwise good.

Might get back on Saturday as my mate Jimmy's brew isn't coming on the festival bar till today and I have other plans until then.

Nope not us, I was with my girlfriend, first seat on right as you go into main bar.

Wish I was going back tonight to sample the Hopcraft beers and the Siren in the festival bar.

Nope not us, I was with my girlfriend, first seat on right as you go into main bar.

Wish I was going back tonight to sample the Hopcraft beers and the Siren in the festival bar.

Oh, t'other corner. Didn't see that far round. Pretty sure I saw Mrs Shaggy and the new bit on the side sat in the middle tof that bench at one point and didn't want to make eye contact.

Yeah I like a bit of Hopcraft and a lot of Siren - and a grapefuit IPA sounds right up my street. But best I can do is hope they last till the weekend.

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 14:28 ----------

42 and counting. Some of them are so similar with the same boring characteristics.

Most have a bitter aftertaste and some tend to repeat and are generally boring.

As for the beers? Come and find out for yourself!

Funny, BTW :)