Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

So what you are saying is gomgeg is just as qualified to speak about Syria as halibut or myself.

Yes. But you wrongly implied, visiting Syria was a criteria to comment..it isn't because like Halbut you most likely have never been. Your premise, no one else.

Actually you did...

Basically implying.. if not, you have no right commenting. Do you visit Syria a lot?

I implied nothing. You just like to make stupid assumptions. But as your intention is to get a thread removed I will leave you to wallow in it.

Wonderful, I make a comment and am called ignorant, I can't retaliate because otherwise I get reported and suspended.

But I can see what's happening in these countries, again caused by religious fanatics who want to persecute anyone who doesn't agree with them.

No, we haven't been to Syria and have no intention of visiting that part of the world. Why should we? they mostly seem to want to visit us, it must be nice there.

Having been to Turkey over 25 years ago, no thank you. Half the people in the hotel couldn't go more than 10 yards from the lavatory, go out and get pestered by beggars and someone trying to sell you something. What a great holiday.

I think we'll stick to civilisation.

I implied nothing. You just like to make stupid assumptions. But as your intention is to get a thread removed I will leave you to wallow in it.

Yes you did, like the troll you are you're just back peddling with the addition of using "thread removal" to detract from your stupidity...aint working son.

---------- Post added 08-11-2015 at 18:01 ----------

Wonderful, I make a comment and am called ignorant,

No, the inference was that your comments were ignorant. If you define that as you being called ignorant then so be it.

I can't retaliate because otherwise I get reported and suspended.

Why? Do you intend on breaking SF rules?

Yes you did, like the troll you are you're just back peddling with the addition of using "thread removal" to detract from your stupidity...aint working son.

---------- Post added 08-11-2015 at 18:01 ----------

No, the inference was that your comments were ignorant. If you define that as you being called ignorant then so be it.

'Remarks like this betray your ignorance' I would take that as being called ignorant.

Why? Do you intend on breaking SF rules?

No, because I won't be replying to any posts from bedroom snipers, who's intentions are to get threads closed.

I would have thought that the greatest threat to westerners would be meeting an extremist on the streets of a muslim country. If the west is hated so much by these animals, how on earth could you feel safe surrounded by people that could possibly want to slit your throat and send the video to YouTube to show how clever they are. Its bad enough not knowing if these animals are living amongst us here in the UK, nevermind holidaying in the middle of it.

No, because I won't be replying to any posts from bedroom snipers, who's intentions are to get threads closed.

You come over as highly sensitive and paranoid. You made a statement and it was regarded as 'ignorant'. How does that warrant getting the thread closed unless your intention is to get it closed? An observation of ignorance cant be deduced as a reason for thread closure...unless the observation of ignorance breaks SF rules.

---------- Post added 08-11-2015 at 19:00 ----------

I would have thought that the greatest threat to westerners would be meeting an extremist on the streets of a muslim country. If the west is hated so much by these animals, how on earth could you feel safe surrounded by people that could possibly want to slit your throat and send the video to YouTube to show how clever they are. Its bad enough not knowing if these animals are living amongst us here in the UK, nevermind holidaying in the middle of it.

Then stick with Mablethorpe..job done.

You come over as highly sensitive and paranoid. You made a statement and it was regarded as 'ignorant'. How does that warrant getting the thread closed unless your intention is to get it closed? An observation of ignorance cant be deduced as a reason for thread closure...unless the observation of ignorance breaks SF rules.

---------- Post added 08-11-2015 at 19:00 ----------

Then stick with Mablethorpe..job done.

Yes, thats an option. My point was just that its perfectly plausible for an extremist to take a dislike to a person without being on a plane. Its an awful system that terrorists use to kill and maim innocent people, just like any war really, but carried out in a barbaric fashion. Their ideals of death and destruction are nearly always covert, which makes a tourist great target practice.