Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

Why bother with these countries anyway? Even before this situation they were awful, sanitation, dirty smelly money, stalking and ogling women, dodgy food, no booze, Kalashnokoffs wall to wall. The incessant caterwhauling from the minarets.

Tenerife thats the place. Or Benidorm, or Blackpool.

Benidorm! ROFL.

Nope. I didn't make that argument.

The point is that you cannot simply assess some sort of average risk across all "predominantly Muslim countries" or indeed "European countries".

There are countries I wouldn't visit right now, and there are others that I would.

I'd go to Turkey still, but not the capital. I'd go to Egypt, to a tourist resort like Sharm. I'd also go to Paris or Brussels if I had any desire to do so.

I wasn't really saying there was, just that that was the point that everyone was trying to beat you up with. Effectively it was a game of lets change the question so it suits our pre-formed answers. Anyone can ask a question in such a way to only get the answer they want:

'are you still beating your wife?' comes to mind

just returned yesterday from Marrakesh Morocco felt very safe there was plenty of visible security in the streets and also at the airport in fact far more than on our return to manchester where the immigration desk was a joke, 5 chip reader machines only 2 working and at least a dozen booths for manual passport checks only 3 officers!! in contrast Morocco passport desks 20-25 every single one was manned.

the only threat we felt was the incessant pestering from street hawkers which has got far worse in recent years and this year was the worst.

but yes it felt safe and still welcoming.

just returned yesterday from Marrakesh Morocco felt very safe there was plenty of visible security in the streets and also at the airport in fact far more than on our return to manchester where the immigration desk was a joke, 5 chip reader machines only 2 working and at least a dozen booths for manual passport checks only 3 officers!! in contrast Morocco passport desks 20-25 every single one was manned.

the only threat we felt was the incessant pestering from street hawkers which has got far worse in recent years and this year was the worst.

but yes it felt safe and still welcoming.

I think the folk in Tunisia felt very safe and the people welcoming up until the guy on the beach started shooting at them. Indeed the Russians who's plane was blown out of the sky had had a pretty good holiday up until the explosion.

I think the folk in Tunisia felt very safe and the people welcoming up until the guy on the beach started shooting at them. Indeed the Russians who's plane was blown out of the sky had had a pretty good holiday up until the explosion.

exactly ! you cannot legislate against a maniac in any country with a gun or bomb this is why we have to clamp down with our security in all public places, other countries do it with visible armed presence on the street and multi check points in public transport and public places and yes profiling must also play a part.

exactly ! you cannot legislate against a maniac in any country with a gun or bomb this is why we have to clamp down with our security in all public places, other countries do it with visible armed presence on the street and multi check points in public transport and public places and yes profiling must also play a part.

I understand that. Unfortunately I also recall the number of British service personel who were deliberately killed by the Afghan and Iraqi military personel who were serving alongside them.

Not all security men have your best interest at heart.

Oh, I'm sure that there are many people avoiding all Muslim countries on the basis of the thoughts expressed on this thread.

Are you making an appeal to popularity as if that makes the thoughts rational?

---------- Post added 24-03-2016 at 08:03 ----------

And I expect the people at the concert in Paris felt exactly the same. What point are you trying to make?