Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

We all know that you have a closed mind. That's why you don't understand that folk are not going to these places.

I do understand that.

Again, I don't think you even know what you want to argue about.

It is quite funny really. You say I have a closed mind because I point out the reality that you cannot see. It is not my opinion that folk are shunning Muslim countries. It is an undenyable fact. Keep on googling.

The reality of who is going where is not what this thread is about.

If you want to start a thread and say that terrorism has hugely damaged the tourist industry in Muslim countries, then I will totally agree with you, much as you appear to wish that I wouldn't.

If however you claim that this is down to thinking logically about the risks involved, then I'll disagree with you, and you'll refuse to read anything about the subject. :roll:

---------- Post added 13-04-2016 at 15:48 ----------

F

Are you trying to argue that people THINK it's too dangerous. If so I've never disagreed with that.

Or are you trying to argue that it's ACTUALLY too dangerous?

You don't know do you. You just desperately wish that I were wrong somehow and will keep strawmanning to try and pretend that it's so.

I'm not scared of what might happen. I enjoy my life very much and take lots of wonderful holidays all around the world. But I don't take stupid unnecessary risks which is why I miss out on base jumping as well.

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 10:19 ----------

Originally Posted by dangerousedd View Post

hmm doesn't the blast wave travel faster than the speed of sound?

It does and so does a bullet. So if you hear the bang it missed you.

Standard velocity from a standard rifle, anywhere between 2200 fps to 4000 fps.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I've always wanted to go on a tour to Iran. Such an amazing country more or less impossible to visit as a tourist until recent events have made that much easier.

Architecture and wildlife are amazing and from what I've heard the hospitality is unparalleled.

I've always wanted to go on a tour to Iran. Such an amazing country more or less impossible to visit as a tourist until recent events have made that much easier.

Architecture and wildlife are amazing and from what I've heard the hospitality is unparalleled.

I think Terry Waite was given free accomodation for 5 years in the region. Such hospitable people.

In the context of this thread, no difference both are Muslim countries

No no no He was captured by the good Muslims not the bad Muslims. Or was it the bad muslims? I can't remember which are the good ones and which are the bad ones.

Never could understand Terry Waite I may be judging him harshly but he seemed like an attention seeking, holier than thou type who in the end achieved nothing for John McCarthy or the other hostages, but has lived very well off the kudos ever since. I think we are safe, even on this forum to say that Islamic Jehad are bad Muslims.

He was given free accommodation in Beirut and not Iran I think...

Ah yes it was the staff of the American embassy that were kidnapped and held hostage for a year in Iran, and the 70 security personel in Iraq. It's easy to mix up who is being held hostage by which bunch of Muslims these days.

Edited by foxy lady