Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

Okay, point out a stereotype I've been using.

Or a name I've called someone.

Should be easy I guess.... A quick quote will suffice.

---------- Post added 19-04-2016 at 20:00 ----------

I thought we could rely on you to totally miss the point. :clap::clap::clap:

The problem is that just months after a bomb brought down a plane flying from Egypt a man was able to smuggle a fake bomb onto a plane.

Sorry, only just noticed this post.

You'll note that measures to stop real bombs, chemical detectors and sniffer dogs and so on, are entirely INEFFECTIVE at stopping fake bombs. What with them having no actual chemicals, or detonators, or bomb components in them.

Sorry, only just noticed this post.

You'll note that measures to stop real bombs, chemical detectors and sniffer dogs and so on, are entirely INEFFECTIVE at stopping fake bombs. What with them having no actual chemicals, or detonators, or bomb components in them.

And yet fake bombs don't get through security at Heathrow. Perhaps you forgot the skill of the staff and the fact that UK airports don't flag Saudi nationals straight through without being checked.

But only if you're comfortable using invalid gross stereotypes.

No, my knowledge is based on living and working in these countries. The full list of the Islamic countries which I worked in is, from east to west: Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Turkey, Abu Dhabi, Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia.

That's a good cross section of the varieties of different Muslim countries. I felt very safe in the traditional old-fashioned Muslim countries such as Mauritania, but even there it's become unsafe for Westerners with kidnappings and bombings.

No, my knowledge is based on living and working in these countries. The full list of the Islamic countries which I worked in is, from east to west: Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Turkey, Abu Dhabi, Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia.

That's a good cross section of the varieties of different Muslim countries. I felt very safe in the traditional old-fashioned Muslim countries such as Mauritania, but even there it's become unsafe for Westerners with kidnappings and bombings.

Indeed...

Mauritania overall, [b]reconsider your need to travel[/B]

Provinces of Tiris Zemmour, Adrar, Tagant , Hidh ech Chargui, Hodh El Gharbi, Assaba and Guidimaka, do not travel

Within 25 kilometres of Western Sahara's southern border with Mauritania, except to the city of Nouadhibou, do not travel

Original post Cyclone

No, sorry my dear, look for yourself, I don't need to defend my post and certainly have no inclination to do your bidding. :)

So you're going to make accusations that you can't back up.

That's pretty obviously because you can't.

There is now a major problem. If you go through security at Heathrow you can be pretty sure that those checking are properly vetted and dedicated to their job. In arab countries there are a lot of IS sympathisers who have infiltrated every walk of life. Terrorists wanting to get on board a flight know which baggage check to pass through.

But taking this further. In the Emirates there is an underclass who do the menial work. They would probably get 50 lashes if they were working in an airport and tried to search one of the so called elite. If you wear the correct robes you can pass through the airports totally unchallenged.

In Nouakchott Airport daggers were on sale at the souvenir shop after passing through security.

Air France didn't trust the security there which was very lax and so they travelled with their own security team who would set up at the bottom of the steps to the plane and search everyone's baggage.