Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

It is a plane operated and maintained by an Egyptian carrier.

Why do you have to keep posting this? What do you have against them, particularly if there's only been one incident in recent years?

Why do you have to keep posting this? What do you have against them, particularly if there's only been one incident in recent years?

It is a plane operated and maintained by an Egyptian carrier. So were EgyptAir Flight 667, EgyptAir Flight 990, Egyptair B772, egyptair flight MS-835 & EgyptAir flight 181

Edited by foxy lady

Accepted ages ago, and irrelevant. There were plenty of other very poor states in the list of secular countries.

You should stop repeating your mistake then as it is very relevant when your basic level of credibility and knowledge is at stake so I hope that you have also understood what religion is as well.

Apparently the jetliner that crashed had Arabic graffiti written on it recently saying something like "we will bring this plane down". It has been happening a lot at different airports according to the reports. A Muslim leader has been calling on supporters to become martyrs by killing innocent people in lone wolf attacks around Europe and the USA during Ramadan so people won't have to go on holiday to be unsafe in June. The Islamic Reformation is overdue.

Jukes x

Accepted ages ago, and irrelevant. There were plenty of other very poor states in the list of secular countries.

...and most of them weren't secular. The list of countries with a high degree of secularism is actually pretty small, that one on wikipedia which has a black and white definition and accepts any state that 'officially' has no religion is absurd. At a glance I saw several countries with terrible records when it comes to the treatment of minority religions and I'm fairly certain further scrutiny would cancel out others too.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 21:16 ----------

That is unfair as these days Jews are considered a race not a religion. Israel grants citizenship from a wide range of criteria of which being Jewish is only one.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/aboutisrael/state/pages/acquisition%20of%20israeli%20nationality.aspx

From your link (which I had already read by the way before composing my last reply to you, and you clearly haven't):

For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother, or has converted to Judaism and is not a member of another religion."

That you point out that they offer citizenship on the basis of race as well as religion doesn't exactly paint them in a good light.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Well, take it up with wikipedia I guess.

If you have a better reference for a list of secular states then I'll be happy to look at it.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 22:17 ----------

You should stop repeating your mistake then as it is very relevant when your basic level of credibility and knowledge is at stake so I hope that you have also understood what religion is as well.

Where do you think I repeated it?

Do try to keep up.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 22:18 ----------

No it is not safe

How safe is Brussels or Paris?

Well, take it up with wikipedia I guess.

If you have a better reference for a list of secular states then I'll be happy to look at it.

I don't have one sorry, I imagine the data to be quite hard to collate. That one on wikipedia is exactly as good as a list of democracies or republics that includes The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

No it is not safe

Apparently Tunisia has asked the UK to alter it's travel advice on visiting Tunisia. It seems tourist numbers are down 90% on last year.

I bet the Tunisians would like Cyclone to be in charge of travel advice because the UK government have said their advice is based on risk assessment and remains the same. Don't go.