Help with ideas for party buffet on a budget

Me and my Mrs went to the deli on Divisionstreet - they were really helpful and we got quiches, pork pies, chicken legs, all sorts for very reasonable prices, we then made up a load of sandwiches with bread and ham from Aldi - ended up feeding about 60 for about £1.20 a head, maybe less. And there was plenty of food, even some left over.

For the school buffets I do i use iceland party selections. They are a bargin.

Iceland is really poor quality though, the food is like Kerry Katona, looks ok but nothing to it.

You should just cook. A big bowl of chili and rice as the main thing, then bags of sausage rolls, crisps, them weird cheese blocks on tooth picks (whomever came up with that was surely a weird one).

Hula Hoops make a great base for epicurean delights of the buffeterial persuasion!

Stuff 'em individually with meat paste, cheese, Scots bonnets, Marmite, anchovies … the World's your lobster … oh, yeah, that reminds me … oysters as well!

Cut crisps into square shapes with nail clippers for that 'WOW! :o' factor, and cut Frey Bentos pies into little round cakes with a biscuit cutter and serve in fairy cake cases topped with Bisto 'jus' … Aaah! :partyhat:

So far as desserts are concerned, toothpaste and Swarfega are your friends here, adding a minty fresh taste and gelatinous look to even the most mundane of supermarket favourites. 'Délice de angel menthe', although very fancy sounding, being nothing more than a packet of Angel Delight, a tub of Swarfega, and half a tube (125ml) of Gibb's SR. Serve this either as a dollop, or even better … in Hula Hoops!