Taxis stopping on Sheaf Street

Taxi drivers, serious question here:

Can you legally stop ANYWHERE to drop a passenger off? Clearways? Motorways etc? Or do you only have exemption on double yellows?

If you cannot breach a clearway, then Sheffield council could make the main routes clearways stopping anyone from blocking the traffic through on key routes. Just a thought.

I've dropped off outside the tap but only when there is heavy traffic or my passengers are running late for the train and request to get out, don't fancy an argument or a kidnap charge for driving on when a passenger wants dropping off.

If a passenger asks to be dropped on the hard shoulder of the motorway would you comply?

We all know that parking/drop off/pick up around the station is absolutely diabolical!!! There is a huge piece of land in front of the station (if you can't see it go to an optician) that needs making better use of. It looks like a bomb site and is a poor introduction to the city.I don't know who owns it but nobody including the council seems to be bothered to do anything about it! Can anyone explain why this is?

Four or more regularly park up on double yellow lines outside the York Pub in Broomhill and block the main thoroughfare..

When they move off, they do not use their indicators.

I have photographs of them.

City Cars regularly stop between 8 and 8.30 a.m. on Manchester Road outside Lydgate Juniors School right in front of huge great sign saying 'DO NOT STOP HERE - YOU ARE PUTTING A CHILD'S LIFE AT RISK'

Relative to other towns and cities, Sheffield's Taxis are a complete disgrace. Everyone knows it: but no-one ever seems to sort it out. It's all a bit unnecessarily scummy and rough. In terms of quality I guess they'd score 2 out of 5 for Performance and 1 out of 5 for perception. Imagine how much nicer the city would be if they could improve to 4 or 5 out of 5: the trouble is: I don't think they even know that there's a problem.

bold: That's just a lie really isn't it? Either that or you can't count past 1 or 2.

If you'd smashed into the back of them, then you would be driving too close - if someone isn't driving safely then they will hit the back of cars eventually.

A taxi doing a U-turn?! :o:o If you got in a taxi and asked him to take you somewhere in the opposite direction, what would you do? Should they drive around the block to correct it?

Then you could start a thread saying 'I've had countless times where the driver has taken the long way round' :roll:

If the taxi was hit then the other driver should drive more carefully. Shame it wasn't Hesther who was close by, he would have missed them because he's a very safe and experienced driver.

If this happened, we'll soon know why.

The last sentence is old hat now. No need to borrow from a friend or family, you can buy a piece of junk and go to a council where they hand out licences like confetti, far less risk.

Obviously, I must be a liar because you don't like what I am saying. The people who I travel with in the car who can vouch for everything I have said must therefore also be liars, according to you.

It's a shame that you should make such an assumption, knowing nothing about me, as you also do with my gender.

I suppose the other people who have cited disgraceful examples of driving by drivers of the very same taxi company are liars too.

I don't see much point in debating with you further on the subject.

Obviously, I must be a liar because you don't like what I am saying. The people who I travel with in the car who can vouch for everything I have said must therefore also be liars, according to you.

It's a shame that you should make such an assumption, knowing nothing about me, as you also do with my gender.

I suppose the other people who have cited disgraceful examples of driving by drivers of the very same taxi company are liars too.

I don't see much point in debating with you further on the subject.

Good. You just write nonsense, and this post is another example.

:)

We all know that parking/drop off/pick up around the station is absolutely diabolical!!! There is a huge piece of land in front of the station (if you can't see it go to an optician) that needs making better use of. It looks like a bomb site and is a poor introduction to the city.I don't know who owns it but nobody including the council seems to be bothered to do anything about it! Can anyone explain why this is?

I can explain why the council don't... It's because they don't own it.

Was that really so difficult to work out?

I can explain why the council don't... It's because they don't own it.

Was that really so difficult to work out?

There have been huge areas of Sheffield that the council didn't own but it didn't stop them from buying and developing it.....for the benefit of the city...ha!

Was that really so difficult for you to work out and understand?

There have been huge areas of Sheffield that the council didn't own but it didn't stop them from buying and developing it.....for the benefit of the city...ha!

Was that really so difficult for you to work out and understand?

I'd like to see that in the next budget...

'SCC council wants to buy land for taxis to park in'...

:hihi::hihi: