Camera recomendations

davylad

Had a play with the Sony RX10 and and the RX10 mk2 and they are fantastic, the mk1 is about £600 and the mk2 is fantastically expensive at well over a grand.

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 is also a real performer at a better price of about £500.

The really good bridge cameras cost as much as a DSLR and a couple of decent lenses.

That looks like a cracking little camera.

I want one to replace my Panasonic compact, but can't justify it to myself (yet).

The thing is, when I know I'm going to take photos I take my dslr with me, when I think I might take photos, or just for the convenience, I take my compact with me.

I don't really see the point in a 'bridge' camera.

I want one to replace my Panasonic compact, but can't justify it to myself (yet).

The thing is, when I know I'm going to take photos I take my dslr with me, when I think I might take photos, or just for the convenience, I take my compact with me.

I don't really see the point in a 'bridge' camera.

I know exactly where you are coming from.

The camera i am useing at the moment is a Sony Cyber-shot with 10x zoom I can understand the genral views on bridge cameras as not being very practical

I just want a camera i can play with a bit but i realy dislike just useing a screen and much prefer useing a view finder