Vehicle road tax

You do though don't you. You care very deeply. It makes you angry that cyclists will continue to cycle despite your blathering and ignorant opinion.

Every time a cyclist passes you whilst you queue, it makes you boil inside. You'd love to commit violence against them (as you said in this thread), but know that you're incapable, due to spending too many years sitting in a car and eating pies.

You don't even comprehend that every person on a bike is 1 less car in front of you in that queue. It's just too difficult for you to grasp that they're doing you a favour.

---------- Post added 08-11-2015 at 11:51 ----------

So when you cycle, do you not signal? Do you expect car drivers to somehow just know what you're going to do?

No, I really dont.care nor do I eat pies as you suggest. In fact, I enjoy watching them pass me on the inside frequently in their bright coloured attire.I dont even boil as im sat there in comfort, listening to Chris Evans. Even when it's raining.

Its clear from your rant that you secretly detest being a cyclist, and are completely jealous when a nice warm and cozy motorist splashes you.

When it rains I take the car or the tram, if I feel like it.

Isn't it great having all those choices.

Yes, all three if them. I have access to a helicopter and a hovercraft too, but not on Wednesday because Sir Alan uses the helecopter on a Wednesday.

Yes, all three if them. I have access to a helicopter and a hovercraft too, but not on Wednesday because Sir Alan uses the helecopter on a Wednesday.

A helecopter, wow. What's that then? Is it related to a helicopter?

I really do have the option of cycle, car or tram. Or indeed running, the city centre is only 6k and the last 2 places I worked had showers.

Edited by Cyclone

A helecopter, wow. What's that then? Is it related to a helicopter?

I really do have the option of cycle, car or tram. Or indeed running, the city centre is only 6k and the last 2 places I worked had showers.

I would imagine your work colleagues would appreciate the showers after a sweaty lycra ride to work.

I've never worn any lycra in my life, that's just your fantasies being projected I'm afraid.

---------- Post added 09-11-2015 at 14:10 ----------

Good news today though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11982456/Secret-of-staying-fit-and-healthy-is-ditching-the-car-and-eating-homemade-meals.html

But not for you scania, firmly stuck in your car.

Most people who commute by cycle do so because it's quicker than by car, it helps them keep fit, they don't have to worry about finding a parking space and on top of all that it's cheaper. Usually they've left a car at home when they do so as well.

Oh dear,it seems a perfectly simple question has developed into an argument between motorist and cyclist..I find the above answer very sensible and true,....I AM NOT A CYCLIST......,Yes the road fund licence is based on emissions for cars but NOT for motorcycles,these go on engine size,i currently own two and pay £81.00 for each per year even tho' I can only use one at a time,luckily I also own a Toyota Prius which is zero rated.I do lots of miles a year on the bikes and the amount of cyclists I see is amazing,there gets more every year....these are people enjoying what they are doing and NOT trying to save the planet as suggested...neither am I with the Prius,each to their own.If I can walk or take a bus to where I want to be,thats what I do because I enjoy doing it.Where I live outside Sheffield the roads are full of shiny new 4x4's the most common being the very nice Evoque,usually in white and driven by women with long blonde hair...it really is a womans car,the same as mine is an old mans one..which I am anyway.....BUT as I said, each to their own,buy what you want and enjoy it ..:D

Edited by euclid

Oh dear,it seems a perfectly simple question has developed into an argument between motorist and cyclist..I find the above answer very sensible and true,....I AM NOT A CYCLIST......,Yes the road fund licence is based on emissions for cars but NOT for motorcycles,these go on engine size,i currently own two and pay £81.00 for each per year even tho' I can only use one at a time,luckily I also own a Toyota Prius which is zero rated.I do lots of miles a year on the bikes and the amount of cyclists I see is amazing,there gets more every year....these are people enjoying what they are doing and NOT trying to save the planet as suggested...neither am I with the Prius,each to their own.If I can walk or take a bus to where I want to be,thats what I do because I enjoy doing it.Where I live outside Sheffield the roads are full of shiny new 4x4's the most common being the very nice Evoque,usually in white and driven by women with long blonde hair...it really is a womans car,the same as mine is an old mans one..which I am anyway.....BUT as I said, each to their own,buy what you want and enjoy it ..:D

I'm planning on getting a 125 motorbike, I looked at the VED and its £17 a year currently, and I'm looking at half the price for insurance too compared with running a car :banana: