Flu jab and viral illness

I was feeling fine then had flu jab and have now been ill for 7 weeks

Started with sinus trouble then cough aching muscles great fatigue

Obviously at this time of year there are many illnesses being passed around

Has anyone else had this??? :rant:

There are no live viruses in the vaccine so it's likely that you have caught flu or some other flu-like virus before the vaccine took effect.

A lot of people have been complaining of the same symptoms as yours and are being advised to see their GP if the coughing persists as it may be a chest (bacterial) infection and this is turn can result in aching muscles and fatigue due to loss of sleep and the effort of coughing. I had the same and got antibiotics from my GP.

Keep warm, try paracetamol and I hope you feel better soon.

My wife had flu jab last week. A few hours later she had cough, cataahr and sniffles all of which, 24 hours later, had gone. My jab was fine apart from the fact that I can't spell cathaar!!

I had mine done a month ago, went 10 mins before the deadline, clinic was 8:30am-11am, less people plenty of antiseptic hand wash before and after the visit. I've had no problems this year, unlike other years, I swear I've come away with some type of cold or other virus.

Previous years, I've been early only to find the place packed, and queues snaking along the corridor, every now and then someone pipes up at the front desk asking, they've got a bit of a cold can they still have the jab?

It's the only time I deliberately aim late, when given the choice on times.

I had mine done a month ago, went 10 mins before the deadline, clinic was 8:30am-11am, less people plenty of antiseptic hand wash before and after the visit. I've had no problems this year, unlike other years, I swear I've come away with some type of cold or other virus.

Previous years, I've been early only to find the place packed, and queues snaking along the corridor, every now and then someone pipes up at the front desk asking, they've got a bit of a cold can they still have the jab?

It's the only time I deliberately aim late, when given the choice on times.

I went to Tesco pharmacy. Brilliant service, no queues and free for certain groups of people.

Do GPs come round to ones infirm bed to dish out jabbing? I've got nasty flu at the mo and hardly have the power in my fingers to type this, let alone managing to make it to the doctor's on my wobbly legs.

I fear this could be my last post ever. :cry:

I had a mild, but noticeable, exacerbation of my asthma after the flu jab this year. I get the jab every year and, apart from a raised temperature for a few hours once, this is the first time that I have had an adverse reaction. Even so, it is definitely better than getting flu...

Most people have never had 'real' flu in their entire lives...I had it once, many years ago when I was about 25 and it completely knocks you on your back for getting on for a week...

Yes, since then I've had varying forms of cold, and sore throat and not feeling very well...But 'true' flu is dreadful and you certain'y know about it if you are unfortunate enough to get it.

Manflu...Now that can be terminal, as any bloke will tell you!...A whole different kettle of fish :)