Flu jab and viral illness

Onewheeldave,

I'd appreciate it if you could consider my question and give a reply.

Do you think any considerations of an ethical nature enter into an individual's choice of having a flu jab or not -particularly if they are employed by the NHS ?

For employees of the NHS who believe that them having the flu jab lowers the chances of patients/other staff getting the flu, then yes, there would be clear ethical considerations.

The claim that taking a flu vaccine can help prevent you from developing the flu,is just that,a CLAIM.

https://www.sott.net/article/369426-Harvard-Immunologist-Unvaccinated-children-pose-ZERO-risk-to-anyone-and-heres-why

The link is to an article with the title:

"Harvard Immunologist: Unvaccinated children pose ZERO risk to anyone and here's why"

The author is not a "Harvard Immunologist".

The claim that taking a flu vaccine can help prevent you from developing the flu,is just that,a CLAIM.

Tautology, all claims are claims. Obviously.

The claim that vaccines work though is supported by mountains of evidence, from multiple countries, from independent researchers.

Oh, and there's the small fact that vaccination eradicated polio and small pox.

Onewheeldave,

It is an interesting read.However, it has been known for a long time by the medical community

that antibodies also need the assistance of WBC. White blood cells (WBCs), also called leukocytes are the cells of the immune system that are involved in protecting the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders. So by shouting from the rooftops(not you that is) that antibodies don't confer immunity is twisting the science. As far as I'm concerned having a flu vaccination is a prudent and evidence based choice. Of course one may enhance ones Cell Mediated Immunity through good nutrition and Vit C and A .

Please explain how the "... points made can be followed up..." if the original article was published in 2017 and followed up in 2009.

The points made in the 'not reputable' article, can be followed up in a more reputable article.

For example, in my case, I didn't know about the distinction between the 2 types of polio vaccine, so I googled it out came across the academic.oup link which covered that distinction.

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 13:58 ----------

Onewheeldave,

It is an interesting read.However, it has been known for a long time by the medical community

that antibodies also need the assistance of WBC. White blood cells (WBCs), also called leukocytes are the cells of the immune system that are involved in protecting the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders. So by shouting from the rooftops(not you that is) that antibodies don't confer immunity is twisting the science. As far as I'm concerned having a flu vaccination is a prudent and evidence based choice. Of course one may enhance ones Cell Mediated Immunity through good nutrition and Vit C and A .

Which of the articles was the WBC stuff in?

Edited by onewheeldave