Flu jab and viral illness

Yes, he is. Although given his form, he'll follow up in a while to claim, despite the evidence, that he's claimed no such thing, and then berate you for asking him a question.

It just struck me as the single, most ludicrous claim that I've ever seen on SF. That is up against some pretty stiff competition, as I'm sure you can guess.

Are you really claiming that pharmaceutical companies don't have a positive impact upon our national health?

I'm claiming they are dishonest, and that they have a seriously detrimental effect on our populations health.

I've not said anything about whether or not they also have positive effects.

But clearly, dishonest practices applied to health, are not going to bump the ratio of positive/negative in the right direction.

Have you stopped to consider why life expectancy is increasing so very dramatically?

No- I thought I'd stick to the actual point :) have you noticed how diabetes, heart disease and obesity have shot up over the past few decades?

Cool. Does this mean you'll be refraining from commenting/critiquing/opinioning my future posts then?

No. If you post anything that's incorrect and likely to mislead others I'll be certain to tell you.

If you want to actually debate with me you have to answer the questions instead of ducking them.

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 00:29 ----------

I'm claiming they are dishonest, and that they have a seriously detrimental effect on our populations health.

And you do so without posting a single shred of evidence which is what many people would say is intellectual dishonesty.

So come on wheres the proof then?

You've clearly made your mind up the Big Pharma (or whatever the current boogeyman is) is Out to Get You.

You are wrong. But I know I'm not going to persuade you otherwise, and TBH I can't see the point.

:loopy:

The evidence speaks for itself.

Without research properly carried out on the effects of anything we do we make no progress.

Some things are long proven: others await proof. Meanwhile we are all part of the great experiment.

Without research properly carried out on the effects of anything we do we make no progress.

Some things are long proven: others await proof. Meanwhile we are all part of the great experiment.

WHAT Evidence?

There is none in the links provided. It doesn't even quote the paper correctly - and provides a link to a paper that has been withdrawn.

It's nothing. Worthless. A fluff of no consequence whatsoever.

And people call it "evidence" :roll:

WHAT Evidence?

There is none in the links provided. It doesn't even quote the paper correctly - and provides a link to a paper that has been withdrawn.

It's nothing. Worthless. A fluff of no consequence whatsoever.

And people call it "evidence" :roll:

I did not quote a paper whether discredited or not.

I did not quote a paper whether discredited or not.

You haven't actually quoted ANYTHING of any substance or relevance to the theme of this thread.

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 11:39 ----------

There's some serious paranoia going on here.

I have seen no evidence.

Edited by Daven