Flu jab and viral illness

Do GPs come round to ones infirm bed to dish out jabbing? I've got nasty flu at the mo and hardly have the power in my fingers to type this, let alone managing to make it to the doctor's on my wobbly legs.

I fear this could be my last post ever. :cry:

If that's the case can I nick your avatar?:D

As people have already said, there are no live viruses in the flu vaccine. Also, the flu vaccine is NOT 100% effective. The effectiveness can vary a lot year on year and if it is even 50% effective, then it is doing well.

The NHS had to make a guess back in February this year in which flu strain to vaccinate against and they are never completely right. They try their best, but a lot can happen in the months between then and October.

It is an unfortunate coincidence that you are ill after the vaccination. Like many others, I have had no ill effects whatsoever.

As people have already said, there are no live viruses in the flu vaccine. Also, the flu vaccine is NOT 100% effective. The effectiveness can vary a lot year on year and if it is even 50% effective, then it is doing well.

The NHS had to make a guess back in February this year in which flu strain to vaccinate against and they are never completely right. They try their best, but a lot can happen in the months between then and October.

It is an unfortunate coincidence that you are ill after the vaccination. Like many others, I have had no ill effects whatsoever.

Actually, I don't think that the NHS makes the choice on flu vaccines, I think that the WHO decides which strands to vaccinate against.

Do GPs come round to ones infirm bed to dish out jabbing? I've got nasty flu at the mo and hardly have the power in my fingers to type this, let alone managing to make it to the doctor's on my wobbly legs.

I fear this could be my last post ever. :cry:

You won't get any sympathy on here:roll:

Thanks for the laughs Alco.:hihi:

I remember Dad having the flu jab when he reached 65, and spending a week in bed.

He never had one again and lived to be 90.

As my due date approaches I'm going to refuse it.

Since leaving Sheffield four years ago I haven't had a cold or sniffle.

You lot just spread germs around.:)

Achoo! :gag: See what time it is?

Two in the morning and I'm having to sit here, rather than laid, in my deathbed, face swathed in rolls of bog paper to prevent drowning in my own snot, all the time watching the bedroom window for the imminent arrival of the Grim Reaper.

If only I'd had the flu jab, rather than experimenting on myself by Sellotaping paracetamol tablets to my armpits, in the same way as cigarette smoke is administered by patches. I may have seen the morning. :cry:

Gotta go now, something's knocking on the window ...