Flu jab and viral illness

MAC 33,

You know that what you have put is only a partial examination of

the efficacy of vaccination. There's always going to be individuals that don't mount an immune response after vaccination. Such cases are not a sufficient reason for rejecting vaccination.

You might find the link interesting:

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/disease-vaccinated-populations

" Vaccines are available to prevent pneumonia caused by pneumococcal bacteria or the flu virus, or influenza. Vaccines can't prevent all cases of infection. However, compared to people who don't get vaccinated, those who are vaccinated and still get pneumonia tend to have:

Milder infections

Pneumonia that doesn't last as long

Fewer serious complications. "

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pnu/prevention

Edited by petemcewan

I've just had my flu jab. I had the pneumonia jab in 2002. I was recently admitted to hospital with pneumonia. I was out in 4 days. I put that down to good care and the pneumonia jab. I have mountains of book -mainly authored by homoeopaths and naturopaths- that question the efficacy of vaccination. On balance, I'm with the allopathic school-based on extensive inquiry and research undertaken by me.

Of course, there are schools of thought that question: germ theory, the existence of the immune system and the purification and isolation of the HIV virus-all such doubting Thomases have been proven resolutely and scientifically and epidemiologically wrong.

There's always going to be a battle between the allopathic and the homepathic/naturopathic schools of medicine -they are coming at medicine from two irreconcilable paradigms.

In the meantime I'd get vaccinated-it won't kill you .

Note: As you get older your immunity declines-neutrophils and all that.

Consequently , your immune system needs help.Vaccination can help turn a very serious situation into a manageable and curable outcome.

You said that you got a pneumonia jab in 2002.Well you are way overdue for another one. I was told to get one every 5 years. Not being a smarty pants here, but you could be at risk.

Ontarian1981,

Thank you for that advice.I spoke to my GP last week about the pneumonia jab. She clicked on her computer and told me I had been vaccinated in 2002 with the, " for life, over 65s with other risk factors ", pneumonia vaccine. I'll talk to her again about the matter. Apparently, the pneumonia jab I had doesn't require a booster.

Just for balance; an elderly relative of mine caught flu a couple of winters ago.

She very nearly died.

She's now first in the queue for the flu jab every season.

I bet she doesn't get in front of me in the queue.

I've had flu twice before I retired and both times I thought I was dying, I was off work for more than a fortnight both times and even when I went back I felt knackered.

I used to smile when people I was working with had a couple of days off with a cold then said 'I've had the flu', I thought then, no you haven't or you wouldn't be here now.

Mumps outbreaks are on the rise," said Dr. Janell Routh, a pediatrician who is a medical officer on the mumps team at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 6,000 cases of mumps were reported in the United States last year, the highest number in 10 years. Around 2010, total annual cases were down in the hundreds.

Most of the recent cases occurred in outbreaks, including a large one in Arkansas, rather than as a sporadic here-a-case, there-a-case disease. And most of the outbreaks were among people 18 to 22 years old, most of whom had had the requisite two doses of mumps vaccine in childhood. "We are seeing it in a young and highly vaccinated population," Dr. Routh said.

Brilliant.

A now banned doctor tries to feather his own nest by helping legal teams to help parents to sue governments. He invents evidence for a legal team and gets masses of publicity globally.

Poverty, religion and Conspiracy Theorists influence a significant number of parents in the USA not to protect their children with MMR. Result- outbreaks of mumps and measles.

The Conspiracy Theorists then reason that the increase in mumps is due to the ineffectiveness of MMR conveniently avoiding their contribution to suffering and deaths they contributed to.

Now a fully paid up member of Conspiracy Theorists, Andrew Wakefield now lives in the USA ... isn't that where this latest Conspiracy Theory comes from?

Hmm.

There are so many doctors and others from the medical industry that have spoken out against vaccination- the numbers are truly amazing.

The term conspiracy theorist is used to stifle dissent.

It was coined by the powers that be to discredit anyone who comes face to face with the truth.

How many times Anna did you use the term?

This thread is not about winning the discussion - it should be about finding out the truth,wherever that takes us.

Very very few people with any medical or scientific training has spoken out against vaccination. The only amazing thing is how small the number is.

But it's another conspiracy theory, so of course you believe it.

Most of your nonsense, flat earth, chem trails, whatever is harmless, but anti-vaxxers cause direct harm, they increase the risk of harm to people and children, particularly those who have underlying health problems who can't be vaccinated.

I spent about 10 years abroad so never suffered a flu season in the U.K. When I returned I found I was getting flu a couple of times a year so started to pay for the injection myself. I have not had flu since and only once or twice have felt a little rough for a couple of days after which is much better than actually getting flu.

Flu a couple of times a year? Are you sure it was flu.

I’ve had proper flu maybe twice in 50 years, and I mean the flu that puts you in bed for days. Last time I had it I realised how it could actually kill a weak person. On another level to any cold, and then some.

I1L2T3,

I think one of the features that make Influenza such a serious infection is its impact on the Central Nervous System.

I recall that I've had the flu three times in my life. The first was 1957-you never forget it.The next two times was 1975 and 2000.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18486065

Edited by petemcewan

Flu a couple of times a year? Are you sure it was flu.

I’ve had proper flu maybe twice in 50 years, and I mean the flu that puts you in bed for days. Last time I had it I realised how it could actually kill a weak person. On another level to any cold, and then some.

Course I'm sure, I'm a man after all.

When I say a couple of times a year I mean 3 times in the first 24 months being back home. The one where all your upper body muscles feel like they have been pummelled by a Russian shot putter. Snot, tears, shakes, temperature, chills, the lot.

I would gladly pay ten times what I pay for a jab just to never have it again.

Our lass reckons one was a bad cold but what would she know ?

Edited by monkey104