What Has Happened To The Left?

" unimpressed by politicians in general. " - point scoring much... lol

Your experience is your experience, but in my experince both sides are equally guilty of abusing and insulting the other.

How is saying im unimpressed by politcians in general pointscoring? Completely neutral in terms of the right or left debate.

Modern politics doesn't allow politicians to be truly honest.

If you provide a comfortable social safety net, lazy people will take advantage.

When you kick lazy people out of the safety net, some of the genuinely needy fall out with them.

Many on the left deny the former and many on the right deny the latter.

Wealth is correlated with effort.

Wealth is not proportional to effort.

Many on the left deny the former and many on the right deny the latter.

The reality is that the problems and injustice in society can be mitigated but not fixed. Both sides need to openly acknowledge that.

I'm talking about the followers of the left, not the leaders like Corbyn etc.

Have you noticed?

Are you forgetting this:

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 14:44 ----------

Your experience is your experience, but in my experince both sides are equally guilty of abusing and insulting the other.

Thats not my experience at all and I don't think its the nations experience either. When was the last time you heard Labour MP's being threatened with rape outside their party conference from right wing supporters?

The left has a superiority complex and a real nasty streak that puts many off.

Are you forgetting this:

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 14:44 ----------

Thats not my experience at all and I don't think its the nations experience either. When was the last time you heard Labour MP's being threatened with rape outside their party conference from right wing supporters?

The left has a superiority complex and a real nasty streak that puts many off.

Right wing supporters dont go on marches or protest in the same way, they dont need to.

I would think that in modern times there do appear to be some extreme protestors who are anti capitalist and intent on wreaking havoc or anarchy as much as they can. they seem to roam around the world hijacking whatever events they can. Whilst they might call themselves left wing I wouldnt say they are representative, just as i wouldnt say the National Front is representaive of the right.

The left is finished now as people have gone to UKIP and the SNP.

I personally prefer another party but let's not go there for now.

If the left in England started to put English people first, instead of favouring brown eyed people then they could recover and come back.

If the left in England started to put English people first, instead of favouring brown eyed people then they could recover and come back.

Ricky do you think you are a racist or just xenophobic or just anti Muslim?

Btw Ricky are you religious and if so which one?

Edited by 999tigger

Brown eyed people? Now thats a minority I can subscribe to.

Brownies of the world unite!!!!

Right wing supporters dont go on marches or protest in the same way, they dont need to.

I would think that in modern times there do appear to be some extreme protestors who are anti capitalist and intent on wreaking havoc or anarchy as much as they can. they seem to roam around the world hijacking whatever events they can. Whilst they might call themselves left wing I wouldnt say they are representative, just as i wouldnt say the National Front is representaive of the right.

Neither would I but they do profess a left wing ideology just like some of our mainstream leftwing politicians. Corbyn calls Karl Marx a hero while Alister Darling was a supporter of Trotskyist Fourth International group, to give a couple of examples.

I also do not believe the political spectrum is a flat line, its more of a circle where the most extreme of both sides come together.

This is something that's been on my mind for a while. I have many family members who are clearly left wing and lots of friends who are clearly right wing so the stuff that ends up on my facebook page varies an awful lot!

What I find however is that those to the left are damn right venomous and come down heavily on anyone who has a remotely different view to theirs, even going to the extremes of wishing that the likes of Cameron, Katie Hopkins and even Jeremy Clarkson were dead!

Those on the right however are much more tolerant of those with different views and in many ways just laugh it off, normally just posting about immigration, the state of the Country, our troops etc etc.

The left wing are meant to be more caring, more liberal and less 'thuggish' but from what I see in the media, on facebook and at the various demonstrations around the Country they seem to be lacking in the very things that they preach about .... more so now the Corbyn movement has taken effect.

For me one of the problems is that they see everyone to the right of them as right wing and there just isn't no middle ground, if your not one of them your racist and that's just not right.