What Has Happened To The Left?

The hard left think of their political opponents as nasty and heartless. They are therefore worthy of abuse.

The hard right think of their political opponents as stupid. They often respond with a mixture of patronising, and ignoring.

I suppose how you perceive this depends on whether you're the sort of person more offended by being thought of and addressed as evil or stupid.

I'm left wing and I think most right wingers are thick. There's some research somewhere that backs this up.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:39 ----------

The left is finished now as people have gone to UKIP and the SNP.

I personally prefer another party but let's not go there for now.

If the left in England started to put English people first, instead of favouring brown eyed people then they could recover and come back.

SNP is left wing. The Ukip have a surprisingly left-wing policy set. It's more left wing than Labour's in many ways.

No. I'm saying if I answer people will label me something I'm not.

One could say that I would like to see Britain stay British..........

So you want the citizens of the United Kingdom, British Overseas Territories, Crown Dependencies; and their descendants to stay citizens of the United Kingdom?

I'm left wing and I think most right wingers are thick. There's some research somewhere that backs this up.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:39 ----------

SNP is left wing. The Ukip have a surprisingly left-wing policy set. It's more left wing than Labour's in many ways.

I think lefties are more easily led whereas righties are more independently minded. There's my experiences that back this up!!!!

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:42 ----------

So you want the citizens of the United Kingdom, British Overseas Territories, Crown Dependencies; and their descendants to stay citizens of the United Kingdom?

If they were resident, or their parents were, in say.........1950.

I think lefties are more easilt led whereas righties are more independently minded. There's my experiences that back this up!!!!

I think both sides have people who are easily led to be honest.

You just have to see the frenzy that a Guardian article or a Daily Mail article can generate, if they are packed with dog whistle phrases and subjects.

The problem with rthe rght, and this is where the thickness comes into it, is a frequent inability to see things in anything other than binary terms. This then drives all kinds of fallacious arguments.

I think both sides have people who are easily led to be honest.

You just have to see the frenzy that a Guardian article or a Daily Mail article can generate, if they are packed with dog whistle phrases and subjects.

The problem with rthe rght, and this is where the thickness comes into it, is a frequent inability to see things in anything other than binary terms. This then drives all kinds of fallacious arguments.

Fair enough!

I think lefties are more easily led whereas righties are more independently minded. There's my experiences that back this up!!!!

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:42 ----------

If they were resident, or their parents were, in say.........1950.

The problem that you have to handle is that once someone has British Citizenship for just a day, they're just as British as you are.....:)

The problem that you have to handle is that once someone has British Citizenship for just a day, they're just as British as you are.....:)

I don't accept that.

When someone sees me they know I'm British. When I see a brown eyed person, I know (mostly) that they are foreign or an ethnic minority and thus aren't British like me.

My family (and ancestors!!) have been in this country since it was founded in 1707.

One could say that I would like to see Britain stay British..........

You're 'ray gun' man aren't you?

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 19:54 ----------

I don't accept that.

When someone sees me they know I'm British. When I see a brown eyed person, I know (mostly) that they are foreign or an ethnic minority and thus aren't British like me.

My family (and ancestors!!) have been in this country since it was founded in 1707.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: