What Has Happened To The Left?

Yeah, you said that before, the part about keeping Britain, British.

Is that it, the sum total of the identity, traditions and history?

Why do you (and other people like you) want to see mass immigration change other parts of Britain into a multi-racial hellhole, like London?

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:11 ----------

Surely you can't gain citizenship unless you've been resident for at least 5 years.

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply

The process starts from day one.

Surely being British is defined by culture and not race.

I've know British citizens of various ethnic descents, but because they were born here, or have been here for many years, they are fully assimilated.

Unlike some places, there isn't really a British ethnicity to preserve. We've been exchanging DNA all over the world for far too long. Not sure I would see much value in it even if there was.

I can trace my British ancestry pretty much back to the Romans and Celts. I don't think it's important.

Immigration only really becomes a problem if you manage it poorly, or allow the rate so high that the newcomers don't assimilate. There's a string case to be made that this is happening right now to a worrying degree.

Agree on all points.

And completes no earlier than day 1826. Only after which, if the state judges you fit, may you call yourself a British citizen.

Yes. The requirement starts to accrue from the day they enter the country.

Why should someone who isn't even a citizen (and should never be but that's my view!!) get the same treatment to a Briton whose family can be traced back to 1100 (an example)?

I wouldn't do it as I knew the 'r' word would come up. I know it's on the tip of your tongue!!!

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:07 ----------

It is important as you have a longer connection to this country than someone that arrived here last week and started claiming citizenship.

Have you read what he wrote he said its not importnat to him, but assimilation is.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:19 ----------

Yes. The requirement starts to accrue from the day they enter the country.

Why should someone who isn't even a citizen (and should never be but that's my view!!) get the same treatment to a Briton whose family can be traced back to 1100 (an example)?

So the longer you cna trace back your family the better treatment you should get?

Have you read what he wrote he said its not importnat to him, but assimilation is.

Assimilation isn't possible as they look different and it is a human preference to assimilate with other humans that look and behave like them.

Back to the main point - someone that arrived at Heathrow yesterday should not be treated the same as someone whose family has resided here for hundreds or thousands of years.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:19 ----------

So the longer you cna trace back your family the better treatment you should get?

Why don't we just have the starting point as 1950? Everyone whom were either present themselves or their parents were will be given preferable treatment and those after be treated as guests.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:23 ----------

^^^^Strawman^^^^

I guess we aren't going to see any traditions or identity then?

I would go further than simply guess and state as a fact we would not!

We've got to shut the borders and prevent them from coming here. One day, I think the majority of people in Britain will agree. The day is coming but not too soon I fear.

Assimilation isn't possible as they look different and it is a human preference to assimilate with other humans that look and behave like them.

Back to the main point - someone that arrived at Heathrow yesterday should not be treated the same as someone whose family has resided here for hundreds or thousands of years.

So its about colour of skin then.

Someone who arrives at Heathrow yesterday isnt treated the same as someone who has resided here for hundreds or thousands of years, unless ofc they have also resided here and have UK citizenship.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:40 ----------

Why don't we just have the starting point as 1950? Everyone whom were either present themselves or their parents were will be given preferable treatment and those after be treated as guests.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 20:23 ----------

I would go further than simply guess and state as a fact we would not!

We've got to shut the borders and prevent them from coming here. One day, I think the majority of people in Britain will agree. The day is coming but not too soon I fear.

1066 would be better.