Becoming a mp and perks of the job

I would not vote for someone so young, but she has skills that got her elected.

Some MPs do not relate to the young or the poor, some experience of ordinary people is a must.

Her main "skill" was that she had the right coloured rosette. If she'd been labour she'd have got hammered.

I would not vote for someone so young, but she has skills that got her elected.

Some MPs do not relate to the young or the poor, some experience of ordinary people is a must.

I agree. Which is precisely what is wrong with Cameron, and the other rich Oxbridge politicians.

What do they know about the lives of ordinary people? That's why they come up with stuff like the tax credit farce. They can't conceive of what it's like not to have enough money, or influential friends to smooth the problems of life, or no job.

[/b][/b]

I agree. Which is precisely what is wrong with Cameron, and the other rich Oxbridge politicians.

What do they know about the lives of ordinary people? That's why they come up with stuff like the tax credit farce. They can't conceive of what it's like not to have enough money, or influential friends to smooth the problems of life, or no job.

Can say the same about every MP in parliament today. No career politician knows what it is like to do the 9-5 on a minimum wage, no matter what they say, at the most the closest they have got to a real job is working in union offices, universities, solicitors or in journalism for a few years before winning a seat.

I'd actually say that John Major, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown all had more real world experience before entering politics than Milliband, Cameron and Corbyn ever had. At least John Major knew what it was like to be unemployed and face failure before entering politics, he couldn't even get a job as a bus conductor.