Sick of being skint

Thanks to everyone for their contribution.

Like I previously mentioned, I'm acutely aware that I'm not alone here and as I also stated I'm aware of the British "Stiff Upper Lip".

I haven't asked for charity, nor would I probably accept it as I am pretty certain there are others far worse off than us. We are not destitute, but things are tight!!

My gripe was the benefit system here in the UK. I'm sure - but I don't know...... That a normal family , man wife, kids, bills etc would struggle on benefits unless of course they were invalidity or single parents.

I'm bemused by Britain these days. What must these migrants think when they hear stories of England.....

Go there and they give you free money, a house, education, free health care, free dentistry and food..... Jeez FOOD!!! - they have so much food that they dump 20 tonnes of parsnips because they arn't pretty enough to eat (BBC Wastenot).

After watching Wastenot, I watched the 10'Oclock news with the dreadful news regarding Ethiopia. a young mother was seen clearly distressed (crying) she had just buried her 5yr old son who had starved to death!! Yet here on the UK we're dumping 1000's of tonnes of food because they arn't pretty enough to eat, here in the UK we have a growing nation of wannabes who don't actually wanna do anything except party and have fun at every other persons expense!!

Yes, my life is pretty rough at the moment, but at least I can hold my head up and know deep down that I am principally and morally right. Whilst the wannabes and the wasters are just that.......Wannabes & Wasters!!!!

What's your point?

I thought it was pretty obvious...

you gave one of the main reasons why the poor are poorer under the Tories..

Ash said "the second part was always bubbling away wasn't it, and it came out".

and in reference to ashes comment about coming out.....i said "the truth always comes out"

in a nutshell i agree with you :)

I thought it was pretty obvious...

you gave one of the main reasons why the poor are poorer under the Tories..

Ash said "the second part was always bubbling away wasn't it, and it came out".

and in reference to ashes comment about coming out.....i said "the truth always comes out"

in a nutshell i agree with you :)

Ah, I must be getting a persecution complex, sorry. I'm so used to people having a pop.

I do think successive governments in this country still think we have a great empire, and all they are interested in is puffing themselves up and grandstanding as great statesmen. They are not....

What's your point?

:hihi::hihi:

If you could frame posts, this would go in my top 10 :)

-

The truth always finds a way of coming out...

... you sound like a conspiracy theorist here banjo ;) That was a very selective part of the post at the very least.

As a whole it was nonsense, and if you had confidence in the whole thing, you would have changed all of it to red.

Isn't that by a chance proof that child benefits and tax credits are overblown?

Isn't it lefties idea?

Cut benefits, raise minimum wage,raise tax free allowance and hey, it will be reversed. Wages will form bigger part of family income. But won't that reward honest working people instead of "disadvantaged"? Wasn't that proposed by tories?

They were increased in real terms by Labour, and probably were overblown considering the rapid decrease in child poverty that occurred regardless of the parents income, whilst individual (single persons) poverty increased, even among those working. But they have fell again recently and continue to fall, and now they face large nominal declines in addition to previous cuts.

The best way to address it would be to cut tax credits in real terms, by merely freezing them whilst wages are allowed to increase.

Damn tories try to be all pro working poor like we dont wan't your money in tax any more you should keep it.

Damn snakes why cant they just put poor in shackles like in good old times.

The Tories haven't helped a large majority of the poor, and have indeed made things much harder for them. Current actions by the majority Tory government also confirm Lib Dem opinion, that it was Lib Dem influence in the coalition that led to changes which did have some benefit for the poor.

It would have been quite possible to cut tax credits in real terms, whlst wages rose to level the playing field and address the large increase in poverty in single person households (particularly younger single people working), that occurred under Labour.

:hihi::hihi:

If you could frame posts, this would go in my top 10 :)

-

... you sound like a conspiracy theorist here banjo ;) That was a very selective part of the post at the very least.

As a whole it was nonsense, and if you had confidence in the whole thing, you would have changed all of it to red.

Oh, crikey, where do i start..

A conspiracy theorist?..lol...arent they people who come up with crackpot ideas not backed up by evidence?

Whereas what Anna B has said is backed up by evidence if you care to look, its just that most Tories choose to ignore the evidence, they are quite happy for the poor to suffer cuts whilst we give away millions to people who...............well, have millions already.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/07/corporate-welfare-a-93bn-handshake

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/06/benefits-corporate-welfare-research-public-money-businesses

And whilst "call me Dave" not only chooses to give his mates in the city huge tax cuts, and tax breaks, he helps to line his mates pockets whilst they sell off the countries assets.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/03/healthcare-companies-links-tories-nhs-contracts

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Rifkind-questions-North-Staffordhire-scanning/story-26083127-detail/story.html

whilst the poor suffer the consequences, as mentioned by the op, and this person.........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brutality-bedroom-tax-exposed-disgraceful-6302099

so, deos that makes me a conspiracy theorist...i very much doubt.?

As for the rubbishing of Anna B's post as "mainly nonsense"...well, that is subjective is it not?

I am sure if you will find plenty of people who are effected by the cuts, who would contentiously disagree with you

And....as for highlighting it all in red, well, that would be pretty pointless, i wanted to highlight the main point i was responding to, although i must point out, that this gives no reflection on any negative views to the rest of her statement

I disagree.

Like many others, and the OP, I work extremely hard and don't get paid a great deal. Though unlike the OP I don't have children.

However for lots of reasons I wouldn't rely on the dole for my income, because as others have said work is a source of self esteem, it gives structure to the day, and another purpose. Crucially, the OP is being a good role model to his children by going out to work.

I was on the dole many years ago for about 14 months, and it was a miserable chapter in my life. There's no way I'm going back there, if I can help it. Yes there are the Daily Mail, gossip magazine fodder, who seemingly get a lot in benefits. But I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Where I work there are people paid twice, three even four times what I do, yet are content to sit on their arses and get their nice salaries for it. Quite frankly they get no respect from me, nor from others in the organisation.

Hello everyone :)

I was one of these people earning 3, 4 or 5 times more than others In office.

What people don't see is the evenings and weekends worked and extra stress. Where as less responsible and low paid jobs usually means you do your shift and go home and get to relax.

It's hard to know the ins and outs of others situation untill you have walked a mile in others shoes :)

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 09:43 ----------

Thanks to everyone for their contribution.

Like I previously mentioned, I'm acutely aware that I'm not alone here and as I also stated I'm aware of the British "Stiff Upper Lip".

I haven't asked for charity, nor would I probably accept it as I am pretty certain there are others far worse off than us. We are not destitute, but things are tight!!

My gripe was the benefit system here in the UK. I'm sure - but I don't know...... That a normal family , man wife, kids, bills etc would struggle on benefits unless of course they were invalidity or single parents.

I'm bemused by Britain these days. What must these migrants think when they hear stories of England.....

Go there and they give you free money, a house, education, free health care, free dentistry and food..... Jeez FOOD!!! - they have so much food that they dump 20 tonnes of parsnips because they arn't pretty enough to eat (BBC Wastenot).

After watching Wastenot, I watched the 10'Oclock news with the dreadful news regarding Ethiopia. a young mother was seen clearly distressed (crying) she had just buried her 5yr old son who had starved to death!! Yet here on the UK we're dumping 1000's of tonnes of food because they arn't pretty enough to eat, here in the UK we have a growing nation of wannabes who don't actually wanna do anything except party and have fun at every other persons expense!!

Yes, my life is pretty rough at the moment, but at least I can hold my head up and know deep down that I am principally and morally right. Whilst the wannabes and the wasters are just that.......Wannabes & Wasters!!!!

You said you work a regular 40 hour week and your partner does 30 hours.

I've regularly worked 60 hour weeks. Rarely getting home early and using weekends to catch up on sleep or work.

Nobody has it easy in this day and age to try and earn a crust :)

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 09:45 ----------

Forgive me everyone

But I have to rant....

Like most, I'm sure - I'm sick of being constantly skint.

Both me and my partner work. Have one child in primary school so we both have to constantly juggle work hours. My son was put into child care from the age of 3 months. Then due to the ridiculous cost of living and childcare fees (£700 per month) plus mortgage. He was in every day at 8am and collected before 6pm. In 4yrs we paid out £24,000 just for the privilege to work. Not well paid jobs, mines manual work, my partner office work. No holidays for the past 8yrs!! It's crap!!

Yet I know others, both brothers partners who've never worked a day since leaving school, multiple kids by seperate fathers!! Both have money to burn. Constantly facebooking, out down town, boozing weekends away, off on foreign holidays etc etc. One has just bought her damn council house and has moved out to another with her boyfriend (my brother) and is now renting out her former home to cover the mortgage!! So in effect she's getting a free house by doing sod all!!

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of being honest and getting nowhere, whilst all around the freeloaders (lazy idle sods) are floating through life laughing at everyone else.

It stinks!!

Really wish the government would stamp this out.

We both have absolutely nothing to look forward to. Feel so sorry that we can't give our son the lifestyle that these types of people can give their kids.....and to make it worse....I'm paying for it!!!

Pure and utter scum!!

Sorry rant over.

How do you buy a house without an income? Do the husbands have income?

right Mr Charlie. Yes, you re struggling like alot of people but forgive me when i say what i m going to say; No matter what your financial situation is, you have 2 beautiful , healthy children, you have a roof over your head kepping you dry and warm, you have food on the table. you do have a job and you and your wife are healthy enough to be able to go out to work and you know something else, YOU ARE RICHER THAN YOU THINK! Many people out there apart from people in Ethiopia and Syria but people in Britain havent got half of what you have. Would you swop any of the above mentioned just to have money in your pocket? i think not! Now, change things about your life, be more positive about what you have got instead of what you haven't got and appreciate everything. I m sure just bt doing that the world will look a better place and i m sure your kids will appreciate a dad who s happy knowing what he has got and be proud of that fact. Good luck!

@ colinsdog & barny65

Ok, now if you'd allow me the privilege to respond to both those comments.

First off - we only have 1 child, he arrived (by accident) and we both love him enormously, he brings a huge amount of happiness to both me and my partner. We'd love to have had another.....but we simply didn't have the money. (The childcare costs alone would have doubled...try finding £48,000 in 4yrs!!) So he's an only child, but hopefully we'll raise him strong enough so he'll never feel disadvantaged.

Secondly - home...yes we also have a lovely home. We were both lucky enough just to miss the housing boom. Today we would never be able to buy our house.... Infact we wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance of even getting onto the property ladder.

Ok, so we have a child and we have our home and we both work.

The problem I have here, is that you seem to miss the little fact that we got what we have by ourselves, through hardwork and going without. None of it came free!!

It may startle some of you to know that we along with other families out there that still have the old fashioned TV's, don't drink, don't smoke, virtually never buy clothes unless absolutely necessary and rarely if ever go out. Now if you're trying to somehow say that I shouldn't feel bitter when I see others who have absolutely no intention of ever lifting a finger to better themselves and fully expect to live a life mirroring my own thanks to state handouts and free housing, free dental care and God only knows what else and what's worse then have the brazen cheek to moan and be vindictive to others that actually go without and work.....well I'm sorry, but I will never agree to accept the idle should have a better life than the workers. That's just stupid talk.

Yes, I'm acutely aware that we are lucky but that wasn't really what my rant was about in the OP.

Edited by mrcharlie