Difficulty opening tins

Not having difficulty at the moment because we bought two tin openers last week (one from a charity shop) . I have found whatever tin opener you buy, they don't seem to work for long (might be the fault of Chinese steel) Frey Bentos Pies have been a bit of a challenge in the past for our tin openers .

Not having difficulty at the moment because we bought two tin openers last week (one from a charity shop) . I have found whatever tin opener you buy, they don't seem to work for long (might be the fault of Chinese steel) Frey Bentos Pies have been a bit of a challenge in the past for our tin openers .

Frey Bentos Pie tins aint been the same since Alcoblog LTD bought them out.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to explain, (if he's still breathing).

I got one from Tesco for £4 a few weeks ago, it opened 1/2 a tin, and then the teeth kept missing and chewing the tin up..

took it back, got a replacement and it's been fine since, on about 15 tins so far (including a few of the large Fray Bentos pies ;) )

Is anyone having as much trouble as me opening tins I have a Magican opener but some tins it just won't bite into the rim.That's Aldi, M & S Tesco &many more.Any advice

I have a bit of an issue with those type of opener. Maybe it's because I'm a left hander?:huh:

I've got a very elderly mains powered electric one which is brutal- it's a Kenwood one and it will open any size of tin, even things with corners, but it screams like it's being murdered while it does it.

Because of the rather upsetting noise that gets the neighbours round to see whether I'm OK, this is now kept in the cupboard in case my battery one doesn't do the job. As for the difficult sorts of tins, I've had repeated problems with Ocado tins- no idea why, but the layers just don't seem to unfold like they're meant to with my battery opener. The same opener doesn't like corners or tins above a certain size, so for these I have no option but the brutal screaming one.

For anybody who queries why I don't open them with a normal can opener, my right arm (I'm right handed) is now partially paralysed, so it lacks either the grip to hold the can opener shut or the power to turn the wheel.