Difficulty opening tins

Frey Bentos Pie tins aint been the same since Alcoblog LTD bought them out.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to explain, (if he's still breathing).

Thank you, I'm still alive Mr.McWoods … in fact, I'm out of intensive care now, and just waiting for an ambulance to tow me, in my hospital bed (still a bit poorly) back to Area 51 and a half™.

Whereupon, I will indeed be celebrating my rescue from the jaws of influenzal death by cracking open a tin of Fray Bentos steak pie.

'Do you use a standard tin-opener alco?', I hear you ask.

'No', I reply.

As a keen gourmand of exquisitely high standards, it goes without saying that I get through many cans of tinned food, be it baked beans to the more farinaceous delights of good old Fray Bentos.

To open these cans in the traditional way would take up too much of my valuable time. I use either a plasma cutter (for sardines and the like) or a bog standard Mitsubishi VZ10 series 3D

for your full blown Bentos tins (sorry about the accompanying music, I'm trying to make the next door neighbour sell his house).

All in all then … I'd go down the laser footpath.

By the way Mr.McWoods … where do you buy your avatar thingies from, and are you trying to make me jealous? :suspect:

Hey! … my 9,000th post! (all of them rubbish)

Thank you, I'm still alive Mr.McWoods … in fact, I'm out of intensive care now, and just waiting for an ambulance to tow me, in my hospital bed (still a bit poorly) back to Area 51 and a half™.

Whereupon, I will indeed be celebrating my rescue from the jaws of influenzal death by cracking open a tin of Fray Bentos steak pie.

'Do you use a standard tin-opener alco?', I hear you ask.

'No', I reply.

As a keen gourmand of exquisitely high standards, it goes without saying that I get through many cans of tinned food, be it baked beans to the more farinaceous delights of good old Fray Bentos.

To open these cans in the traditional way would take up too much of my valuable time. I use either a plasma cutter (for sardines and the like) or a bog standard Mitsubishi VZ10 series 3D

for your full blown Bentos tins (sorry about the accompanying music, I'm trying to make the next door neighbour sell his house).

All in all then … I'd go down the laser footpath.

By the way Mr.McWoods … where do you buy your avatar thingies from, and are you trying to make me jealous? :suspect:

Hey! … my 9,000th post! (all of them rubbish)

Gee! What a brilliant piece of engineering.

Congratulations on reaching 9 big Gs, and for not dying.

Avatars...I Google 'weird Avatars', or for the Penguins I googled 'Penguins in trees'.:)

Frey Bentos Pie tins aint been the same since Alcoblog LTD bought them out.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to explain, (if he's still breathing).

I too have noticed this. I have tried to buy one of the old stab and rip tin openers, o'h dear, it sounds a bit brutal that, but I think you will know the ones I mean, and that's the only way I know to describe them. Anyway, I can't find one anywhere.

I too have noticed this. I have tried to buy one of the old stab and rip tin openers, o'h dear, it sounds a bit brutal that, but I think you will know the ones I mean, and that's the only way I know to describe them. Anyway, I can't find one anywhere.

They are described as "lever type" in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_opener

And yes, they are hard to find now.