More Brits claiming Benefit abroad than Immigrants here

Given the publicity surrounding Camerons attempts to restrict Benefits from people coming from the EU I found this article interesting on the number of Brits claiming Unemployment Benefits in other EU states and it seems that in most countries the numbers of our people over there outnumber theres over here.

So why is he wanting to change something that seems to be benefitting his own people and do we really want these people back here claiming from our welfare system.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/britons-claiming-benefits-across-eu-outnumber-immigrants-getting-welfare-uk-1484091

Given the publicity surrounding Camerons attempts to restrict Benefits from people coming from the EU I found this article interesting on the number of Brits claiming Unemployment Benefits in other EU states and it seems that in most countries the numbers of our people over there outnumber theres over here.

So why is he wanting to change something that seems to be benefitting his own people and do we really want these people back here claiming from our welfare system.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/britons-claiming-benefits-across-eu-outnumber-immigrants-getting-welfare-uk-1484091

Assuming you're a tax payer, why do you want your taxes to subsidise low paid EU immigrants so badly? What's your agenda?

---------- Post added 12-11-2015 at 22:17 ----------

The four year suggestion before people can claim benefit in another EU country by David Cameron seems a fair and sensible proposal .

Absolutely.

Errr

How can people claiming unemployment benefit out of the UK be "available for work"??

If that is the case, I'm off to Slavinia to work "on the side"

It's a reciprocal agreement. When we lived in Germany my wife claimed benefits for a short while till she got a job.

Assuming you're a tax payer, why do you want your taxes to subsidise low paid EU immigrants so badly? What's your agenda?

That's not what he is saying. You should read a bit more carefully.

As a 40% taxpayer, I'd say that more movement around the EU is a good thing. It allows us to recruit good people.

Why do you think that my considerable taxes are subsidising low paid EU immigrants? Have you had a proper look at where the money goes?

It doesn't say that at all. Using the source data from the article you linked - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu

Total number of British claiming benefits in EU countries:

Total number of people from EU states claiming benefits in Britain:

Number of countries that has more UK claimants than UK has claimants from that country:

Number of countries that has less UK claimants than UK has claimants from that country:

There are 14,880 Polish nationals claiming benefits in the UK according to the source data. Number of British nationals claiming benefit in Poland? 2.

It doesn't say that at all. Using the source data from the article you linked - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu

Total number of British claiming benefits in EU countries:

Total number of people from EU states claiming benefits in Britain:

Number of countries that has more UK claimants than UK has claimants from that country:

Number of countries that has less UK claimants than UK has claimants from that country:

There are 14,880 Polish nationals claiming benefits in the UK according to the source data. Number of British nationals claiming benefit in Poland? 2.

The article seems to conflate two separate things, benefits and unemployment benefit and it certainly wasn't clear what was being referred to so thanks for looking at the data. It also says nothing of the value of such benefits. In work tax credits make up a large proportion of benefit payments in the UK. But I guess other countries will have only subsistence level benefit systems.

10% of brits in germany are on benefits at any one time.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 09:49 ----------

The article doesn't say how long the Brits claiming benefits in other EU countries have lived there . The four year suggestion before people can claim benefit in another EU country by David Cameron seems a fair and sensible proposal .

If that means we brits have to wait 4 years in other countries, I think 1 year is more realistic.

Wow! Lies, damn lies and statistics!

They cherry pick the countries used for their 'report' and avoid all those where the vast majority of immigrants come from and where almost no Brits go to! They also cherry pick the benefit rather than look at welfare benefits as a whole. It is a completely disingenuous and a deliberate effort to mislead the public. All this 'report' tells us is that we cannot believe a single word that anyone from the 'open border' camps say... I am truly gob-smacked at the lack of honesty and integrity from those trying to keep open boarders and the UK in the EU.

The truth about having open borders and free movement is that is works well when the countries involved are broadly the same in terms of economic strength and wealth - it simply becomes a reciprocal arrangement without needless bureaucracy. It doesn't work when poorer countries are invited to join in because there is no like for like swapping of people and you just get one way traffic of poor people moving to the richer nations. Unfortunately, even the prospect of a reciprocal arrangement between the comparatively rich EU states is now at risk because of the likes of Germany inviting so many migrants in (who not only bring the problem of poverty but cultural problems) who may then get the right to free movement.