How long does it take from ordering to installing a new kitchen

Thanks Chez2 for the double dinner suggestion. I foresee it will take quite long time as the new kitchen does include moving plumbing an gas...we won't go for fancy expensive worktop and hopefully can have two fitters work the same time?

It's definitely all in the planning! Don't underestimate how long it takes to pack up all your stuff prior to your kitchen being ripped out. Double dinners are the way to go.

We had our kitchen done over the summer. A fairly big job which involved moving the kitchen to a different part of the room and building in a utility room where the old kitchen was. It took 4 weeks from start to finish, including moving all the plumbing and electrics, plastering, flooring, tiling, lighting and decorating. Some of the worktops are quartz, which were measured up once the units were in, but only took a couple of days to be made up and fitted.

The kitchen was from Sheffield Kitchen Outlet. Joiner Andy did a fantastic job of the fitting and managing of all the other trades.

Olive has reminded me of something else too....I'm a bit of a list person.

Write on each box of kitchen stuff what is packed inside. Number each box and write it on a list. That way you will be able to identify which box to unpack if you need something in a hurry.