Jeremy Clarkson sued

Actually, I know, from Oisin's point of view at least. He's a good friend of a member of my family.

Well he will be enjoying his out of court settlement pretty soon. Probably thinking of the pound signs he can make in suing. Why do we live in a claim culture? If he was that upset he should have press charges.

Edited by woodmally

Well he will be enjoying his out of court settlement pretty soon. Probably thinking of the pound signs he can make in suing. Why do we live in a claim culture? If he was that upset he should have press charges.

Pressing charges would have got him nowhere. Poor bloke got smacked in the gob, abused, trolled and has his career badly affected, all because Clarkson has a nasty temper and a mental age of three. I hope the poor lad gets a big fat compensation cheque.

You seem to be very critical of him, but im not aware of the full details of his claim. You didnt answer my question to you on post #2.

If you had lost your job and suffered abuse over the incident or your career had gone down the spout would you make a claim if your lawyers said you stood a good chance of compensation of £50k-100k?

8 months isnt a long time in legal terms.

You seem to be very critical of him, but im not aware of the full details of his claim. You didnt answer my question to you on post #2.

If you had lost your job and suffered abuse over the incident or your career had gone down the spout would you make a claim if your lawyers said you stood a good chance of compensation of £50k-100k?

8 months isnt a long time in legal terms.

Well if I'd suffered an attack like that I would probably go to the police. That's what he should have done. Clarkson was sacked even though no charges were brought.

I hope he gets well compensated and people of clarksons ilk think again in the future :hihi:

I hope he gets well compensated and people of clarksons ilk think again in the future :hihi:

But why should we go down this money grabbing route. If Clarkson did indeed assault him he should have pressed charges. Fact is he didn't and is now wanting money out of it.

We dont know what happened really on the day of the fracas. Oisin might have been or have said something that provoked Jezza. None of us really know.

Given that Clarkson himself said

All I would like to say is ... I wish people would leave Ois alone because none of this was his fault.
after his fans had been abusing Tymon on social media, I think it's safe to assume Clarkson wasn't provoked.

Oisin has had time to reflect and he has every right to claim if some twerp thinks he can assault somebody and get away with it. To be fair Clarkson admitted he was an idiot but that doesn't make the violence right. If you had been assaulted in a pub because the kitchen was closed you'd want recompense, why should it be any different because he is famous

Well if I'd suffered an attack like that I would probably go to the police. That's what he should have done. Clarkson was sacked even though no charges were brought.

Except he wanted to move on and keep the job he loved. There was a possibility it could all have calmed down. If he had gone to the police that would have taken it to another level.

Clarkson wasnt sacked. The BBC conducted an investigation and decided not to renew his contract based on his misconduct, which was proven and admitted.

Getting back to the question you seem critical of him for bringing a case (I dont know hom ir what it is), but if you had the chance of getting £50k-100k, had suffered loss of your job or career and the lawyers told you had a good chance, then would you turn that chance down?

I have no idea about the racial angle, which seems odd, but then we dont know what went on .