Jeremy Clarkson sued

• 3 months later...

Nice to see it's all been settled for £100k. Am sure woodmally would have passed that up but for someone who has lost his job through no fault of his own, then the compensation is a form of justice in itself and he was entitled to it.

Jeremy Clarkson has apologised to the Top Gear producer he punched after settling a £100,000 racial discrimination and injury claim. Oisin Tymon launched the action against the presenter and the BBC after a "fracas" last March that left Mr Tymon with a bloody lip.

"I would like to say sorry, once again, to Oisin Tymon for the incident and its regrettable aftermath," Clarkson said.

"I want to reiterate that none of this was in any way his fault.

"I would also like to make it clear that the abuse he has suffered since the incident is unwarranted and I am sorry too that he has had to go through that.

"I am pleased that this matter is now resolved. Oisin was always a creatively exciting part of Top Gear and I wish him every success with his future projects."

Mr Tymon's lawyers said the case had been settled but did not give details of the settlement. It is understood to be in excess of £100,000, an amount to which both Clarkson and the BBC contributed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35648682

Nice to see it's all been settled for £100k. Am sure woodmally would have passed that up but for someone who has lost his job through no fault of his own, then the compensation is a form of justice in itself and he was entitled to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35648682

Wow 100k compensation for someone that lost a runner job. How many years would he have to work to earn that 50? Seems like he's got a nice little earner there.

Surely even if you think he should have got compo for losing his job 100k is a bit too much by any stretch of the imagination.

Wow 100k compensation for someone that lost a runner job. How many years would he have to work to earn that 50? Seems like he's got a nice little earner there.

Surely even if you think he should have got compo for losing his job 100k is a bit too much by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree in principle, but also happy to see that egotistical a##hole pay up far more than he should.

This time Mr Clarkson you haven't won the spat

I agree in principle, but also happy to see that egotistical a##hole pay up far more than he should.

This time Mr Clarkson you haven't won the spat

But he has!

He got a massive pay rise and a lot more freedom to do his show how it should be without the BBC and its restraints.

Bring it on the Amazon boys :)

I doubt it's £100,000 for him. There's no way in legal terms that could make sense.

I suspect that S&G, the Solicitors acting, will take the vast, vast percentage of that £100,000.

I doubt it's £100,000 for him. There's no way in legal terms that could make sense.

I suspect that S&G, the Solicitors acting, will take the vast, vast percentage of that £100,000.

Why not? He was a senior producer wasn't he? According to a rapid Google, average salary for a TV producer is £35k. If he was suing for lost income and reputation etc as part of the claim then 3 years' salary doesn't sound out of proportion to me.

Why not? He was a senior producer wasn't he? According to a rapid Google, average salary for a TV producer is £35k. If he was suing for lost income and reputation etc as part of the claim then 3 years' salary doesn't sound out of proportion to me.

I was expecting it to be more. Obviously it shouldn't have been more, but in this litigious society, anything could happen.

Not when folk get £10K and more just for losing a leg.