Jihadi John killed by a drone, he should have been arrested instead

What should have happened to Jihadi John?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What should have happened to Jihadi John?

• Kill him with a drone strike
    • Arrest him and put him on trial

No, sorry. We agree on many things, but this is a war and as such certain things take place that are unpalatable but required. Enemy soldiers are not murdered in war as long as Geneva convention is followed, and as the UN don't seem to be looking to arrest Cameron, I presume they must have been.

Just to point out we or the USA are not at war with them as war has never been declared. The Geneva convention deals specifically with the protocols of war.

The end of my last post states what I feel should have happened but people should admit that it is in fact state sponsored murder.

Just to point out we or the USA are not at war with them as war has never been declared. The Geneva convention deals specifically with the protocols of war.

The end of my last post states what I feel should have happened but people should admit that it is in fact state sponsored murder.

Fair point :D This is an issue with the Geneva Convention is that it dealt with 'enemies' being another country. I think it needs updating to cover groups who operate as one even if they do not have a 'sponsoring' country. Then laws and protocols can be implemented.

Fair point :D This is an issue with the Geneva Convention is that it dealt with 'enemies' being another country. I think it needs updating to cover groups who operate as one even if they do not have a 'sponsoring' country. Then laws and protocols can be implemented.

Wars suggest two countries going at it - we've spent the better part of decade taking on organisations that don't belong or represent any one country but spread over several. We need to update our laws I think.

But yeah, glad he's dead. If we could extract him the cost would be too high.

Both of them.

He should have been abducted by specops on the ground, rendered for trial and convicted very publicly, (but quietly-) lifted again by specops on the way out of court ('gently', no killing G4S employees), then executed in international waters with a pay-per-view (X Factor-style voting: world record freefall without parachute, sharks, beheading <etc.>, and pay extra for the bacon suit) option tacked on (proceeds of which going directly to No.11, budget deficit sorted in one, with the self-defence box ticked as a bonus).

:thumbsup:

Oh I'm liking this a lot.

This is a stupid poll as it suggests that both were an option. There was no opportunity to arrest him

This is correct, but if you are talking hypothetically that he could have been arrested and put on trial, then that would have been much more preferable.

If a extraction was too inherently risky, then it wasnt worth putting more people at risk. Of theyd have had a chance im sure they have loved to have captured him.

I'm glad he's dead and wont shed a tear, but he got an easy way out compared to his victims.

Bringing him to account in his case is more effective by putting him on trial than a simple execution.

Edited by 999tigger