Jihadi John killed by a drone, he should have been arrested instead

What should have happened to Jihadi John?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What should have happened to Jihadi John?

• Kill him with a drone strike
    • Arrest him and put him on trial

Yes I understood all that but I didnt create the poll which is flawed anyway.

It was a hypothetical discussion not a practical one.

Which addresses the issue of whether a trial in court or execution by drone is the better punishment.

But on the plus side. Taking him out with a drone meant they took one of his mates out too.

But on the plus side. Taking him out with a drone meant they took one of his mates out too.

Which is a plus but then you can talk about the benefits of either method. Oy was an interesting point but the poll is a bit unbalanced which skews the result. id still expect it to prefer a drone strike because a court case seems soft for him rather than death, not sure that really is the case.

Which is a plus but then you can talk about the benefits of either method. Oy was an interesting point but the poll is a bit unbalanced which skews the result. id still expect it to prefer a drone strike because a court case seems soft for him rather than death, not sure that really is the case.

But the good news is the Russians have taken out around 600 of their mates with airstrikes in the last month. No word how many the USA and allies have managed. It seems that combined ground forces are also making it a bit more dangerous being in IS than the risk of driving to work.

Not usually one for extra judicial killings and would prefer arrest, trial and prison. But I'm hardly going to get the violin out for someone unspeakably evil who gets blown up whilst traveling in an armed combat vehicle in a foreign country.

Problem I see here...is exactly that.....here.

We are discussing, the papers are discussing, online media is discussing, social media is discussing.

But by doing so we are giving these terrorists exactly what they want.....coverage.

Maybe they should put a global blanket ban on anything relating to terrorism. What would they do then?? How would they threaten us, how would they get there message out.

Like a toddler that loves to shock for attention - the best remedy is to ignore it.

I'm pretty certain software could be engineered to block anything relating to terrorism.

Give them nothing and that's exactly what they'll be .....NOTHING!!

Problem I see here...is exactly that.....here.

We are discussing, the papers are discussing, online media is discussing, social media is discussing.

But by doing so we are giving these terrorists exactly what they want.....coverage.

Maybe they should put a global blanket ban on anything relating to terrorism. What would they do then?? How would they threaten us, how would they get there message out.

Like a toddler that loves to shock for attention - the best remedy is to ignore it.

I'm pretty certain software could be engineered to block anything relating to terrorism.

Give them nothing and that's exactly what they'll be .....NOTHING!!

terrorism only works if people are scared, if they dont see it then they dont terrorise