Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

That is true , but irrelevant to the difference between the British Army and Isis .

---------- Post added 14-11-2015 at 14:46 ----------

There is nothing amusing about Isis murdering innocent people .

Not really you overegg your argument. When the British army are ordered to engage the people who are identified as the enemy they do so and not in a way that saves lives.

They are backed by a democratic government and adhere to specific codes of conduct incluing the Geneva conventions and do not deliberately target civilians. That makes a big difference.

The only reason it hasn't happened in the UK is that we are an island. .... Yet!!!! How can you seal off a country like France with eight borders with other countries? They haven't a clue who is in the France at any one time, it's an impossible situation.

Quite similar to our Country then.

Angel1

How is mr Fisk a clown when he has made a point in response to a post by a clown?

You blame an entire religion for the action of extremists and you have the nerve to call someone a clown? :rolleyes:

Blaming those who propagate and perpetuate the Islamic religion/culture is inevitable. Here's the problem. Which one of these is the extremist?

That's right... we can't tell. He is in there somewhere. He is part of that community. He is a product of their cultural and religious teachings. But we can separate him from them. Our choices are therefore:

1. Live with it
  2. Ask the community to find ways to reform their cultural and religious practices and teachings in order to stop so many from their community embracing extremism... and remain tolerant whilst they do it
  3. Reject the whole community

I would suggest that people in the West are not going to live with it.

I would suggest we are currently at the point where option 2 is the preferred solution, although it is somewhat of a problem that Muslims have yet to even acknowledge the need to reform.

I would also suggest that all the time option 3 draws closer. Just look at the political shift towards the anti-immigration parties across Europe for your evidence. Just look at how attacks against Muslims are on the rise... and no doubt going to grow more following this latest atrocity.

Muslims living in the West need to wake up to the reality of the situation they are in. Sticking their bottom lip out and complaining about it not being fair is not going to help them. It really doesn't matter whether it is fair or not. The clock is ticking... reform.

Muslims living in the West need to wake up to the reality of the situation they are in. Sticking their bottom lip out and complaining about it not being fair is not going to help them. It really doesn't matter whether it is fair or not. The clock is ticking... reform.

Muslims need to reform?

The 4 Muslims killed last week in a bomb attack in Arsal, or the 41 killed the other day in Beiruit by IS? Is that the Islamic Community remaining tolerant of IS?

This is not "Muslims v Everyone Else"

Edited by Squiggs

I cannot be bothered to get involved in a discussion on this today,i see it is the usual ones blaming muslims and the usual ones trying to make excuses for the murderers.I just feel sorry for all the victims who were murdered for nothing and all their friends and family left to try and get on with their lives.Being an atheist I do not understand any of this I am just angry and baffled.:sad:

Muslims need to reform?

The 4 Muslims killed last week in a bomb attack in Arsal, or the 41 killed the other day in Beiruit by IS? Is that the Islamic Community remaining tolerant of IS?

I said, Muslims living in the West. They are the ones who will be on the receiving end of a backlash if they don't. Can't you see it coming? Backlash denial is not going to help Muslims living in the West.

Muslims need to reform?

It's extremists vs everyone else. The thing is that the extremists are recruiting from Muslims. They can't sit on the sidelines unless they want to get pushed around whilst governments use the proverbial hammer to flatten the extremist nut.

I said, Muslims living in the West. They are the ones who will be on the receiving end of a backlash if they don't. Can't you see it coming? Backlash denial is not going to help Muslims living in the West.

Maybe the ordinary Muslim's isn't equipped to police terrorists and criminals, maybe they've got their hands full trying to get bring up their families and getting on with their lives?

Haven't you got it backwards by blaming the the victims of any potential backlash? Isn't that what the extremists used to do with Jews when they talked about the pogroms that used to frequent Eastern Europe on an all too sickeningly regular basis.