Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Looks like someone thinks setting fire to the migrant camps in Calais is the answer= http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-fire-france-6830330

This is really going to break the cycle of violence isn't it?

The article also mentions that a Koran was set on fire last week in Calais by far right extremist.. :rolleyes:

Edited by mafya

Looks like someone thinks setting fire to the migrant camps in Calais is the answer= http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-fire-france-6830330

The article also mentions that a Koran was set on fire last week in Calais by far right extremist.. :rolleyes:

This incident was reported as fake last night by the BBC . The pictures used were old. Apparently.

Ok, a burning book may be regarded as insightful but I'm sure it can be ignored considering the carnage. A book's a book.

No I haven't.

Have you seen any ISIS pilots dropping munitions down on civilian areas? Have you seen any ISIS controlled drones shooting random people? Have you seen ISIS being a major player in and air and land invasion of a sovereign state that caused upwards of half a million deaths?

No you haven't.

I think if the west could pick the good guys out and leave them unharmed they would,ISIS just kill the good guys and have no intention of killing the people who they are fighting.

Its just a book so thats no real big deal but the violence is worrying. It seems it wont be long before Muslims are vilified throughout Europe and blamed for everyones ills. They could be the modern day equivalent to the WW2 Jews in terms of how they are treated. I hope it settles down soon but i doubt very much it will.

It be long before Muslims are vilified throughout Europe and blamed for everyones ills. They could be the modern day equivalent to the WW2 Jews in terms of how they are treated.

Comments like this just make people more angry I'm afraid.

Firstly the blood of innocents has hardly dried on the streets after 130 people have been murdered by Islamic terrorists.That makes people angry.

Secondly we have the comments in the BBC vein of "Muslims fear backlash from right wing extremists", which people even more angry.

We have real victims lying dead in Paris morgues right now, but some white liberals rush to trot out the victimisation of Muslims line before their bodies are cold.

Remember N.Y. 11/9

Remember Paris 13/11

Remember Palestine, Myanmar, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Nigeria, C.A.R., Jemen, Libanon,... 24/7!

Odd that none of mainstream media has gone in to detail (nor has there been any sign of solidarity from leaders...no tweets or support messages 'that we are in this together against terrorisim') on the similar attacks in Beirut.

As France enters yet another period of mourning, Lebanon is just emerging from one. Not that you probably heard anything about it. Chris Graham reports.

If you didn’t know better, you could be excused for believing that the planning behind the latest terrorist attack in Paris is about more than just causing widespread death and fear in the West.

It looks like it’s also designed to highlight our selective outrage.

Overnight, dozens of people have been confirmed dead in a series of coordinated attacks in Paris.

News sites have fired up live blogs. Serious news Channels such as Sky are providing blanket 24-hour coverage of the event, and, as with all things tragedy, media are competing with each other for scoops and gory videos.

World leaders are also out in force, condemning the attacks. Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull held a press conference in Berlin a short time ago, after sending out this message of solidarity with the French people.

https://newmatilda.com/2015/11/14/paris-attacks-highlight-western-vulnerability-and-our-selective-grief-and-outrage/

No, I don't think 'we are in this together'...it doesn't register when people from those parts of the world die.

Comments like this just make people more angry I'm afraid.

Firstly the blood of innocents has hardly dried on the streets after 130 people have been murdered by Islamic terrorists.That makes people angry.

Secondly we have the comments in the BBC vein of "Muslims fear backlash from right wing extremists", which people even more angry.

We have real victims lying dead in Paris morgues right now, but some white liberals rush to trot out the victimisation of Muslims line before their bodies are cold.

Perhaps people are reacting to things like posts on here that say that the UK should off load Muslims, and if they want to stay in the country they should worship their god in our churches?

a Koran was set on fire

Get a grip, don't be so offended by something so trivial. Follow and share the advice of your prophet:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Remember N.Y. 11/9

Remember Paris 13/11

Remember Palestine, Myanmar, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Nigeria, C.A.R., Jemen, Libanon,... 24/7!

Odd that none of mainstream media has gone in to detail (nor has there been any sign of solidarity from leaders...no tweets or support messages 'that we are in this together against terrorisim') on the similar attacks in Beirut.

As France enters yet another period of mourning, Lebanon is just emerging from one. Not that you probably heard anything about it. Chris Graham reports.

https://newmatilda.com/2015/11/14/paris-attacks-highlight-western-vulnerability-and-our-selective-grief-and-outrage/

No, I don't think 'we are in this together'...it doesn't register when people from those parts of the world die.

This is their war.

Factions of Sunni and the Shia are locked in a state of perpetual war. Not all of them by far, but enough that nobody nearby is safe.

All manner of other people get caught up in it, not just the west.

Sometimes we think we can help sort it out, and we make a mess.

Some Muslims want our help. Some don't. There's no consensus.

We can't just sit back and leave them to slaughter each other and anybody else they run across in the process. But our interventions seem to make things worse as much as better, and then we have blood on our hands which we don't like.

We're doing our best here. But our capabilities are limited. We bounce back and forth between intervention and avoidance because we can't win either way.

What else are we supposed to do?