Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Muslims don't generally make up the Quranic interpretation on an individual basis.

The interpretation is steered by the Hadith. Find out which bits of the Hadith they endorse and you can probably tell what sect they belong to and whether they're compatible with western culture.

There are various respected scholarly Muslim organisations advising Muslims what parts of the Hadith are to be given what credibility. Anybody following this advice is probably pretty sound.

That is what my initial point was about - if an ideology is open to so many different, contradicting and sometimes extreme interpretations, than the ideology itself is not good.

I remember watching the first episode of The world at war which showed footage of the Nazi book burning in the 1930's with Laurence Olivier quoting German Jewish poet Heinrich Heine, "Where one burns books, one eventually burns people". quite insightful as it turned out.

Which was exactly my point..far right fascists or religious fanatics getting a bit uppity over a book.

People who feel ostracised by a society and government that is blaming them for something that isn't their fault. Iqbal from the local corner shop is no more responsible for the events in Paris than you are for the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. By punishing g Iqbal you would be pushing him to the arms of out enemies.

Who mentioned ostracising innocent people? Certainly not me.

And who said Iqbal from the corner shop was responsible for the events in Paris?

Again not me, but then again I didn't expect anything different, having words attributed to me that I haven't said.

What I said was that returnees from ISIS in Syria should be interned as there isn't enough resources to monitor them. And as for the stupid argument that they might be radicalised. I wonder if the person who said that has ever seen a programme called 'The News' they might find it enlightening.

it proves im right and your wrong like I said man up and admit your wrong.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

If you call that proof id hate to see you on a jury. Mind you i doubt youd get called up and if you were i doubt youd be selected.

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 15:35 ----------

Perspective.

150 innocents kids were massacred by people that worship that book. You're most likely more upset about the book being burnt :loopy:

100s of 1000s of Muslim lives have been snuffed out by people who follow another book. Whats your point?

If you call that proof id hate to see you on a jury. Mind you i doubt youd get called up and if you were i doubt youd be selected.

remind us again what the reason behind the attacks/death of people who were seen to be mocking the pictures of Mohammed were about? I don't think you can be selected for jury service twice so that counts me out :roll:

remind us again what the reason behind the attacks/death of people who were seen to be mocking the pictures of Mohammed were about? I don't think you can be selected for jury service twice so that counts me out :roll:

Shows i was right then eh.

As for the attacks by the nutters who had a beef with those cartoons? What of it? Do you think they represent the muslim majority?