Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Since we're talking numbers now - how many extremists within a religious group is acceptable to you? 1% ? 49% ? Because even with 50% you can claim that it's not the majority which is messed up.

I wasn't the one who made an claim about"the majority" in the first place. If you have a problem with that term, maybe you should direct your complaint in other directions.

As for you question on numbers, any answer would be pure extrapolation, so it would serve no more purpose than only fuelling more hate.

Since we're talking numbers now - how many extremists within a religious group is acceptable to you? 1% ? 49% ? Because even with 50% you can claim that it's not the majority which is messed up.

I'll let Adam Hills answer on my behalf.

"There are 1.6bn Muslims in the world. If Islam really bred terror we'd all be dead by now.

The combined forces of Boko Haram, Islamic State and Al-Qaeda makes up 0.003% of the Global Muslim population.

Less than 2% of all terror attacks are carried out in the name of Islam. You've got more chance of being killed by a bee sting, a peanut or the NHS."

And to answer your 2nd point, I'd say the same percentage of Muslims can be terrorists as the rest of the population. Seems fair that to me, unless you think Muslims should be treated differently somehow?

I'll let Adam Hills answer on my behalf.

"There are 1.6bn Muslims in the world. If Islam really bred terror we'd all be dead by now.

The combined forces of Boko Haram, Islamic State and Al-Qaeda makes up 0.003% of the Global Muslim population.

Less than 2% of all terror attacks are carried out in the name of Islam. You've got more chance of being killed by a bee sting, a peanut or the NHS."

And to answer your 2nd point, I'd say the same percentage of Muslims can be terrorists as the rest of the population. Seems fair that to me, unless you think Muslims should be treated differently somehow?

I'm afraid your numbers don't add up. If you count just Boko Haram, ISIS and Al-Qaeda you will end up with roughly 130 thousands members. That is 0.008 % of Global Muslim population. But that's perhaps just a detail.

Let's have a look at list of terrorist organisation and see how many are related to Islam and how many to other ideology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

Just a reminder, there's about 2.2 billion global population of Christians in comparison.

My conclusion is that the correlation is rather strong.