Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

I've been reading various posts over the past few days regarding terrorism. Tonight I typed "ISIS" into the search engine and selected "images" from the top toolbar.....

I've now come to the conclusion I couldn't give a toss about what happens in the middle East. The west should pull out, close all borders linking us to them and switch off their satellites in space!

We are not dealing with humans here, these things haven't evolved! We are in the 21st century yet their lives are dictated by religious beliefs, which were probably scribbled down next to their belief the earth was flat!!!

That's ok but what do you do about the millions of muslims already in Europe,how do you know who is an extremist? you cannot know.

I've now come to the conclusion I couldn't give a toss about what happens in the middle East. The west should pull out, close all borders linking us to them

What happens when the buses stop running, there's no petrol in the garages and the lights go out?

Or had you forgotten where most of the oil comes from?

We are not dealing with humans here, these things haven't evolved!

When you start regarding people as less than human, you're on a very slippery slope.

It's become easier for me to understand how Hitler ostracized the Jews in the 1930s when I see the more intellectually challenged on here offering up their "solutions" to the Middle East problem.

Final Solutions, naturally. :rolleyes:

That's ok but what do you do about the millions of muslims already in Europe,how do you know who is an extremist? you cannot know.

As a normal person on the street why do you care?

since 7/7, 250 times more people have been killed or injured in road accidents than in terrorist attacks.

We have secure borders. Our security services have a good record of preventing attacks.

You are incredibly safe in the UK.

since 7/7, 250 times more people have been killed or injured in road accidents than in terrorist attacks.

We have secure borders. Our security services have a good record of preventing attacks.

So you can personally vouch for the safety of the British public.You are being niave if you think something like Paris cannot happen here.Sure people have road accidents every day but nobody should have to even think of terrorist attack in this country,so yes I do care and I am a normal person.

So you can personally vouch for the safety of the British public.You are being niave if you think something like Paris cannot happen here.Sure people have road accidents every day but nobody should have to even think of terrorist attack in this country,so yes I do care and I am a normal person.

Don't misunderstand, I think it will happen here. I don't think we can avoid it to be honest.

We shouldn't be complacent obviously but things have to be put in perspective.

They want you to be scared. If you are then they are winning.

how many normal persons on the streets in paris didn't care either and looked what happened to them :roll:

how many normal persons on the streets in paris didn't care either and looked what happened to them :roll:

That's a silly thing to say. Even if an attach the size of Paris happened every day in Europe, you would still be highly unlikely to die from a terrorist attack.

What happened was awful, but please don't blow the risk all out of proportion.

And tens millions of people will move around French cities day after day, month after month and 99.999% of them will be completely safe.

Perspective is everything.