Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

are you for real "put the stats to an isis terrorists" hows that going to work then? do you just google isis helpline and ask to speak to whoevers in charge and say something along the lines of "hey Abdul you might have killed a few hundred people but did you know more people get killed by car accidents" jesus some people :loopy:

Yes I'm for real but I think you've interpreted what I said in a rather silly way.

Carry on being scared and they're winning.

I like that term , piddling in the wind , because that is precisely what these 7th century inbred nutters are doing . They do not seem to like women very much .....they don't like beauty, art , music , theatre , seem to want all beauty covered up ,do not care about beloved pets that we take into our homes and love like family members, I do not want this world to become drab and grey because of a tiny tiny minority ( and I'm not just taking about dick size although that does seem to be an issue for some of these "men")

Sleep tight n keep voting Labour for yet more of the same

Yes I'm for real but I think you've interpreted what I said in a rather silly way.

care to explain how you would put it to a isis terrorists then:huh:. you are the one scareing me now coming out with this tripe . are you on medication prescribed or other wise :suspect:

care to explain how you would put it to a isis terrorists then:huh:. you are the one scareing me now coming out with this tripe . are you on medication prescribed or other wise :suspect:

We show them by standing firm, showing that we aren't scared, by continuing to foil their plots when we can. We show them every day that we are united and that they can't win.

I wasn't suggesting we set up a telephone hotline for them.

No I'm not on medication.

I don't think it's a case of being scared as such.

We all, by human instinct have a desire to survive. But human instinct also has a rather dark savage side which thankfully we've learnt to suppress as we've evolved. I'm not going type what would be on my mind though, if I were the father of one of the poor victims in Paris.

.....the law of the land would be no deterrent.

ISIS rely so much on the power of media, without that they're nothing. Pathetic really aren't they.

Maybe we should switch off and tell them to go gather some goats!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02gyz6b/adam-curtis-bitter-lake

It's worth watching, and I've yet to find a better explanation.

I haven't watched the 2 hr 20 version, but I will.

There is a theme in the build up that I agree with. Which is that we the public don't get any explanations any more. Not from politicians, not from the media.

It is all "These are the bad guys. This is what is happening today in the middle east" cue shots of people loosing off rounds at each other.

But there is never any explanation of WHY it is happening. Just here it is, shut up, no questions please.

I think we deserve better. Politicians have always been much the same, but at one time our TV and papers used to be quite good at investigative journalism, and it's about time they re-learned that particular skill.

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 09:00 ----------

What happens when the buses stop running, there's no petrol in the garages and the lights go out?

We buy it from Vlad the impaler, Czar of Russia? They have plenty. So does the US.

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 09:02 ----------

The IRA came pretty close to killing a PM, the country managed to deal with it then with resorting to vulgar over reactions.

People seem to forget this. The IRA killed more people and did more damage than the Islamists have managed so far, but we didn't all succumb to the vapours then, and we shouldn't now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02gyz6b/adam-curtis-bitter-lake

It's worth watching, and I've yet to find a better explanation.

Adam Curtis is fantastic documentary maker isn't he, I think that I've got his documentaries on a hard drive somewhere.

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 09:30 ----------

We buy it from Vlad the impaler, Czar of Russia? They have plenty. So does the US.

So you suggest that we jump out of the frying pan straight into the fire?