Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

My dad's just sent me a link to an Excellent article by Mohammed Amin here:

http://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2015/11/mohammed-amin-it-is-not-enough-for-muslim-organisations-simply-to-condemn-terrorism.html

Some of these points have been made often by my secular Muslim dad, so the article was music to him. He's repeatedly been told that he's the wrong sort of Muslim, it's why we are in the UK even.

As for the last point, every time people complain that Israel is supremely evil whilst simultaneously ignoring slaves in the Sudan, Russian occupation of Ukraine, political prisoners in North Korea, Chinese oppression in Tibet, genocidal displacement of populations in Western Sahara or West Papua, it feeds the ISIL narrative that there is a war against Muslims. Every time people specify the religion of victims of wars, if they happen to be Muslims, it feeds the ISIL narrative that there is a war against Muslims.

It's a very good article by someone with heart and a mind.

I also agree wholeheartedly with your final point.

Edited by Jonny5

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried - what you describe is a recipe for carnage on a worldwide scale.

This is not a war that can be won by violence. It can only be won by changing hearts and minds and long term political solutions.

You could not be more wrong. It can and will be won by violence and the collateral damage won't be pretty. Just you wait and watch.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried - what you describe is a recipe for carnage on a worldwide scale.

This is not a war that can be won by violence. It can only be won by changing hearts and minds and long term political solutions.

You really think that brainwashed, delusional psychopaths who slaughter innocent civilians with automatic weapons in cold blood have "hearts" to change? Disgraceful.

How would that play out exactly Eric?

Painfully - for anyone at the sharp end. It won't be pretty.

I think you know this.

The only people that can sort it out without violence are muslims and we're all still waiting for that to happen, so violence it will be.

I think you know this too but don't want to admit it to yourself.

This is not a war that can be won by violence. It can only be won by changing hearts and minds and long term political solutions.[/

A serious question here. How do you win the hearts and minds of a cult that simply wants their chosen religion to be the only one on the Planet, and are committed to maiming, murdering and beheading any one who does not share their misguided views. We have to up the anti, and hit them hard, very hard. You kill or maim one of us, we will kill and maim 100 of yours, the message would soon get through.

Angel1.

Angel1.

Germany vs Netherlands called off due to security alert. And an ambulance (or according to twitter a van masquerading as such) found full of explosives outside the ground.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/live-germany-vs-netherlands-cancelled-6849390

According to kreiszeitung.de, an ambulance packed with explosives has been found outside the arena.

The paper also reports a “troublemaker” who is known to the authorities is on the pitch.

More as we get it

A serious question here. How do you win the hearts and minds of a cult that simply wants their chosen religion to be the only one on the Planet, and are committed to maiming, murdering and beheading any one who does not share their misguided views. We have to up the anti, and hit them hard, very hard. You kill or maim one of us, we will kill and maim 100 of yours, the message would soon get through.

Angel1.

Angel1.

If you get an answer, forward on to Jeremy Corbin because he'd like the world to hug it out and nobody get hurt either. Sadly he has no clue how to do it - mainly because it can't be done.