Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

But they seem to have found them none the less.

But then if you wanted someone to drop their guard in Paris you might announce that you thought he was in Syria.

Do you expect the intelligence services to share their opperations on social media?

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 09:54 ----------

I think Corbyn continues to show that he is out of touch with the current state of our world.

My B How did you glean that from my post?

At the time Beeb news reports saying the police were woefully unprepared for the response from the address.

Now that you mention social media though it does look a bit like the secret service checked his Facebook page and saw his Syria snaps.

As wrong as that is- yes.

May be the view from some people is that 'other lives matter too'.

I think you are stretching it a bit there mate. It is obviously meant as disrespect to those who died, not a statement that although the French people do matter, others matter just as much.

It is like saying that those people who picket the funerals of dead soldiers in the US are actually only saying that civilians deserve a funeral as well attended as soldiers.

I fail to see any logic in your comments.

When will people stop and read what was actually said rather than just jump in on Corbyn bashing eh?

People are Corbyn bashing because he said something so stupidly, pointlessly, ridiculously inane that he would have been better off saying nothing instead of telling us what was going on in his pretty little head, where only last week Tom and Jerry had made up and fallen in love and were planning their same sex cat mouse wedding with Butch the Dog conducting the civil ceremony.

Here's how Corbyn's ideas go in the real world

Armed police officer: "Good afternoon Mr Freedom Fighter, please put down your weapon and step outside, we'd like a wor......."

Terrorist: BOOOOOOOM

Armed police officer with harp and wings: "I'm not voting for Jeremy again"

Edited by Eric Arthur

People are Corbyn bashing because he said something so stupidly, pointlessly, ridiculously inane that he would have been better off saying nothing instead of telling us what was going on in his pretty little head, where only last week Tom and Jerry had made up and fallen in love and were planning their same sex cat mouse wedding with Butch the Dog conducting the civil ceremony.

Here's how Corbyn's ideas go in the real world

Armed police officer: "Good afternoon Mr Freedom Fighter, please put down your weapon and step outside, we'd like a wor......."

Terrorist: BOOOOOOOM

Armed police officer with harp and wings: "I'm not voting for Jeremy again"

So I'm walking down the street, pretend for a moment I'm Asian and have a beard...I'm wearing a puffa jacket and have some headphones cable hanging out of my pocket. Some concerned member of the public rings the police to report I'm acting suspiciously, so the police man turns up and shoots me. Are you suggesting we do that instead? If not there has to be something in between right? Can we at least agree on that? So how about we all now have a grown up discussion about what that middle grey-area looks like?

So I'm walking down the street, pretend for a moment I'm Asian and have a beard...I'm wearing a puffa jacket and have some headphones cable hanging out of my pocket. Some concerned member of the public rings the police to report I'm acting suspiciously, so the police man turns up and shoots me. Are you suggesting we do that instead? If not there has to be something in between right? Can we at least agree on that? So how about we all now have a grown up discussion about what that middle grey-area looks like?

How about we have a grown up discussion without you inventing scenarios that have never happened and are never likely to.

Let's keep an eye on the John Lewis Banished Nazi On The Moon while we're at it.

How about we have a grown up discussion without you inventing scenarios that have never happened and are never likely to.

Let's keep an eye on the John Lewis Banished Nazi On The Moon while we're at it.

But if we have a shoot to kill policy then shooting to kill becomes the default to any situation a little bit unknown. You do understand right? Clearly not. Absolutely pointless debating anything with you whatsoever.

But if we have a shoot to kill policy then shooting to kill becomes the default to any situation a little bit unknown. You do understand right? Clearly not. Absolutely pointless debating anything with you whatsoever.

Shoot to kill isn't new, so is there some problem that needs addressing? Are people who look a bit muslimy being gunned down, killed or wounded, at all or ever? No they aren't.

Debate away but use something real instead of a problem that you dreamed up.

There's mileage in what you're saying - the police did shoot Charles de menez after all. However (and I don't want to derail this thread either) corbyn, by the admission of his own cabinet members if the bbc is to be believed, doesn't have a clue on what's going on let alone how to deal with. "It would be best not shoot people" - brilliant jezza, thanks for the input. Of course it would. It would be good if we deal with Isis without raining death from above over great swathes of the Middle East. But we can't.

If Jeremy corbyn really wants to stop the war he needs to go out and try and talk to Isis - even do it through social media if he doesn't want a trip out there.