Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

What political clout?

ISIS want us dead. That's all. They really don't care about much else.

It's very difficult to provide pressure when the other side really truly will only negotiate with an AK47. It leaves very little options. They have a powerbase that provides all they need. They are not especially dependant on outside soverign nations.

Go in, kill the leaders. I think that's about the only way It's going to get sorted. It's not like Iraq, or Afghanistan, it is one of those situations where it is more or less black and white, there are no shades of grey.

I disagree. I think that the battle is actually over the Muslim population. They're slowly being tempted by our values and Western consumerism, it seems like consumerism will conquer any ideology eventually.

So what ISIS want is a major conflict where they can polarise opinions to draw Muslims away from the West, and destroy our values by making out that we're hypocrites.

We need to act, but we need to be smart, and never lose sight about what ISIS's goal is, which is a war between Muslims and the West.

I absolutely believe all of those things. Which part of what I said do you think is such a challenging concept?
Seeing as you can't even post on here without being abusive and are the king of "post and run" do you really believe in unity and tolerance and talking things through?

Practice what you preach and explain things to people (if you can) then maybe you wouldn't be treated with such derision.

Edited by Jonny5

I absolutely believe all of those things. Which part of what I said do you think is such a challenging concept?

Do you think Isis want to talk? Do you think they are interested in political clout? Do you think they believe in tolerance?

Give us some practical examples of what Halibut would do.

If you cnat give practical answers then you are hopelessly unrealistic and naive.

Do you think Isis want to talk? Do you think they are interested in political clout? Do you think they believe in tolerance?

Give us some practical examples of what Halibut would do.

If you cnat give practical answers then you are hopelessly unrealistic and naive.

The IRA talked in the end.

Even the Taliban sat down to talk in the end.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 22:28 ----------

We didn't bomb the 7/7 bombers....they still blew up the underground

Islamic State didn't exist in 2007

The IRA talked in the end.

Even the Taliban sat down to talk in the end.

But the IRA were a political organization, not a religious one. They were interested in power not souls. Therefore you debate with them, offer them money and power and agree.

You cannot do that with nut jobs who believe in sky pixies and who think they will go to heaven if they bomb Paris