1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

France bombs ISIS. ISIS attacks France

Russia bombs ISIS. ISIS bombs a Russian passenger jet

We bomb ISIS. That makes us safer?

Or?:

ISIS attacks France. France bombs ISIS.

ISIS bombs a Russian passenger jet. Russia bombs ISIS.

We all bomb ISIS. Bye bye ISIS.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/leaders/article4615622.ece

A central aspect of Islamic State’s appeal to recruits is that, unlike al-Qaeda, it aspires to take and hold territory in the manner of the 13th-century caliphs. To be defeated Isis must therefore be removed from its territory. It must be dislodged from Raqqa and its supply lines to and from Iraq must be cut.

A nascent military strategy is emerging based on significant western involvement. A steep increase in American air power in the region since the US Air Force was allowed back into Turkey’s base at Incirlik has enabled Washington to field slow-flying anti-tank aircraft in addition to carrier-based bombers. As a result it is possible to envisage Kurdish ground troops with US air support mounting a credible assault on Raqqa.

There are reports of ISIL losing a lot of territory to the recently-formed SDF.

http://www.nrttv.com/EN/Details.aspx?Jimare=4104

I also heard reports that ISIS leaders were on the move from Raqqa to Mosul.

But the IRA were a political organization, not a religious one. They were interested in power not souls. Therefore you debate with them, offer them money and power and agree.

You cannot do that with nut jobs who believe in sky pixies and who think they will go to heaven if they bomb Paris

I could have sworn the IRA were catholic nationalist terrorists.

Sinn Fein is the political wing.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 22:38 ----------

Or?:

ISIS attacks France. France bombs ISIS.

ISIS bombs a Russian passenger jet. Russia bombs ISIS.

We all bomb ISIS. Bye bye ISIS.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/leaders/article4615622.ece

There are reports of ISIL losing a lot of territory to the recently-formed SDF.

http://www.nrttv.com/EN/Details.aspx?Jimare=4104

I also heard reports that ISIS leaders were on the move from Raqqa to Mosul.

Don't misunderstand. I believe there is a need for military intervention but I also believe there is a danger that we will cause untold future problems by not planning it properly.

So does anyone actually believe we can sit round a table with IS and have meaningful discussions with them that will bring an end to IS doing what they do.

Not now. That is crazy. A year down the line, after targeted strikes and containment, then they might not be so cocky.

Right now they are not scared of air strikes. They want to be attacked. This is going to have to be a long game with lots of aspects to it, both in Europe and abroad.

Sinn Fein is the political wing.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 22:38 ----------

Don't misunderstand. I believe there is a need for military intervention but I also believe there is a danger that we will cause untold future problems by not planning it properly.

The IRA would have stopped before they started if we'd given all of ireland independence rather than just most of it. Admittedly you'd have different sorts of terrorism as a result but it would have been Dublin's problem.

What's the name of ISIS political wing?

The IRA would have stopped before they started if we'd given all of ireland independence rather than just most of it. Admittedly you'd have different sorts of terrorism as a result but it would have been Dublin's problem.

What's the name of ISIS political wing?

I don't think a caliphate would tolerate political parties ;)

The IRA talked in the end.

Even the Taliban sat down to talk in the end.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 22:28 ----------

Islamic State didn't exist in 2007

So you think they want to talk? What would be the basis of these talks? You still have the fact they occupy the territiry of Iraq and Syria. Would you be interested in recognising ISIS as a sovereign nation? What would you be talkting to them about?

You think the IRA and ISIS are similar?

It took the IRA 30 years to come to talks, do you think its realistic to wait that long and think the west will endure many more of these attacks?

Edited by 999tigger

You'd be wrong then. How many IRA suicide bombers were there?

None, because their fight was not a religious fight, it was a political/power/gangster/territory fight.

Easily solved by a political compromise, no religious ********.

ISIS is different..a death cult that can only be stopped by being stepped on,

So you think they want to talk? What would be the basis of these talks? You still have the fact they occupy the territiry of Iraq and Syria. Would you be interested in recognising ISIS as a sovereign nation? What would you be talkting to them about?

Where did I say they want to talk. Obviously they don't right now.

Don't people get it? They want us to bomb them. They want to be hated and they want to die. When we do it we hand them on a plate all the propaganda they need

This is a very important point to make some important decisions about how this is going to be approached. Yes military action and containment is right but bombs on their own, while they will sate some of the anger and make people feel better, are not going to solve or fix anything.

---------- Post added 18-11-2015 at 23:09 ----------

You'd be wrong then. How many IRA suicide bombers were there?

None, because their fight was not a religious fight, it was a political/power/gangster/territory fight.

Easily solved by a political compromise, no religious ********.

ISIS is different..a death cult that can only be stopped by being stepped on,

No mate, I'm absolutely right.

They were catholic nationalist terrorists. Please don't make yourself look an idiot by arguing otherwise.

They bombed us repeatedly in the 70s, 80s and 90s