Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

That's my point,the bait has already been taken,no turning back now.Negotiating with ISIS has I am sure everybody has realised by now is not an option.It was the same with Hitler,you cannot negotiate with somebody who doesn't want to.

I never mentioned negotiating, so I don't know where you're going with that one.

You may be right,i have a Macc Lads cd and they suggest giving them Chips and Gravy on one of their rather rude and definitely not family listening songs.

I love them. Although there are some on here who wouldnt approve of hteir songs. :hihi::hihi:

Sweaty Betty , brings back memories.

I love them. Although there are some on here who wouldnt approve of hteir songs. :hihi::hihi:

Sweaty Betty , brings back memories.

Two Stroke Eddies my favourite and No Sheep Till Buxton.Pure class.

---------- Post added 19-11-2015 at 19:37 ----------

I never mentioned negotiating, so I don't know where you're going with that one.

What is your point then,you agree we need to go to war but what you are saying I think is that we need to do it with kid gloves without hurting anyone or upsetting anyone.Is this possible in a war zone against terrorists,and what actually are our principles that we have to stick too.

Edited by ghost rider

That's my point,the bait has already been taken,no turning back now.Negotiating with ISIS has I am sure everybody has realised by now is not an option.It was the same with Hitler,you cannot negotiate with somebody who doesn't want to.

Wrong, Halibut seems to think you can negotiate with them, although sadly he hasn't yet volunteered himself to go over for the chat.

What is your point then,you agree we need to go to war but what you are saying is I think that we need to do it with kid gloves without hurting anyone or upsetting anyone.Is this possible in a war zone against terrorists,and what actually are our principles that we have to stick too.

Nope I'm not saying that either.

We have fought many wars and stuck to our principles, so there is no need to change our approach now. I'm talking about sticking to the Geneva protocols, doing our upmost to limit collateral damage, especially where children and women are involved.

If we throw our principles away, ISIS will win because they'll be able to describe the West as being hypocrites and describe our freedoms and respect as being a sham.

Nope I'm not saying that either.

We have fought many wars and stuck to our principles, so there is no need to change our approach now. I'm talking about sticking to the Geneva protocols, doing our upmost to limit collateral damage, especially where children and women are involved.

If we throw our principles away, ISIS will win because they'll be able to describe the West as being hypocrites and describe our freedoms and respect as being a sham.

The war will never end then,collateral damage is inevitable,world war 2 would never have been won if we had stuck to those principles.

---------- Post added 19-11-2015 at 19:50 ----------

Wrong, Halibut seems to think you can negotiate with them, although sadly he hasn't yet volunteered himself to go over for the chat.

I will quite happily pay Halibuts plane fare to Syria.He can take Jeremy Corbyn with him for a two barrelled assault of coffee and biscuits.

Edited by ghost rider

The war will never end then,collateral damage is inevitable,world war 2 would never have been won if we had stuck to those principles.

The world has changed since the mid 20th century, in the West we no longer consider life to be cheap. What I am talking about is extending that principle to others outside of the West. If we don't then our values will be exposed as being a sham.

We should fight their forces with all the power at our disposal, but we should target our fury at those who are responsible for the atrocities.

The world has changed since the mid 20th century, in the West we no longer consider life to be cheap. What I am talking about is extending that principle to others outside of the West. If we don't then our values will be exposed as being a sham.

We should fight their forces with all the power at our disposal, but we should target our fury at those who are responsible for the atrocities.

Has I have said,that will take forever and do we really have the time for a 100 year war.The Kurdish leader has said that ISIS could be beaten in months if the whole world backs them up and we take the fighting to the Syrian streets.

Why would he offer to do the negotiations himself? That's a silly thing to say. You are advocating violence, sadly you haven't volunteered to go over yourself for the violence.

Why not try speaking to them?

Has I have said,that will take forever and do we really have the time for a 100 year war.The Kurdish leader has said that ISIS could be beaten in months if the whole world backs them up and we take the fighting to the Syrian streets.

I disagree. The war will be prolonged if the West are shown to be hypocrites and show a casual carelessness for the lives of innocent Muslims who are caught up in the fighting.

It will only add more ammunition for ISIS's propaganda and draw more and more Muslims to the war. That road will lead to a long protracted struggle that we cannot win.

Remember that the populations in liberal democracies also have no stomach for the killing of innocents, and for a liberal democracy to win a war they have to keep their population onside.